Who loves Derby Extra DE Razor Blade?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by melyus, Mar 17, 2009.

1. melyus

melyus Well-Known Member

Lets Talk about Derby..If you think i can share my derby blades with you ..

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

I'm interested to know. From what I've read, they seem to be hit or miss for most people. Some love them and some hate them. I've yet to try them, but I like the prices I see on Ebay, etc.

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

One of my standards. I use it as a reference blade when trying different razors.

4. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

The Derby is the Chevrolet of razor blades. It's not the sharpest blade, the smoothest blade, or the most exotic blade but it will give you a good shave at a very reasonable price. It's not my favorite blade, that would be the Astra Superior Platinum, but I own over 100 Derbys. I also usually will try a new razor with a Derby or Crystal so I know its performance with a reliable blade.

5. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Derby blades are barely good for one shave for me. They're like a Cyrstal that goes dull really quick. If they lasted longer for me, I'd rate them very close to the Crystal blades (above average but not great).

6. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

I just got a pack of Derby blades to try. So far, they will never replace my Astra Superiors.

7. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

So far, Derby's are my favorite blade. I average about five shaves a blade (my beard isn't very thick) and I find them to be a good value for the money. Once my supply of these run out, I'm likely to try Astra's though.

8. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

My face is giving me a subtle hint stay away from Gillette. Anything that does not have the Gillette name on it, besides the razor, does great on me. Derbys do great, then again so do a lot of other things.

9. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

It looks like this thread is coming close to being hijacked into an Astra Superior love thread. I'm for one all for it!

10. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Astra's a pretty good also.

11. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Derbys and Feathers for me ....................(Im trying out some Yeller 7 'O clocks, but they havent won me over yet)

12. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

Derby's work pretty good for me, but I don't love them. I think the blue wrapped Crystal blade works better for me...

13. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Because you've got 100+ of them for sale perhaps? :rolleyes:

A very average blade.

14. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

I've never had a bad shave from Derbys and have made them my go to blade.
    Although I'm considering trying some Astras next.

15. SRD

SRD Well-Known Member

They work well for me. I have much better sucess with Derby's than I have had with many others. Also use Feathers with very good results.:)

16. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

Derby's and IP's are my favorite blades in aggressive razor like the Aristocrat.
    They also work well in adjustable razors.
    Blades are cheap, after 3 or 4 shaves it in the bin they go.

17. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Hmmm. Once upon a time I loved Derby blades. I bought 100 and then started having problems. They just weren't compatable with my Red Tip. Ended up trading them for Red Pack IPs. Never had a problem with any of the IP line.

18. MsBlackwolf

That's probably got something to do with it :rolleyes:

19. MsBlackwolf

I'm in!

20. Will

Will Nevermind

Derby's

Meh, I have had better. not bad though.