DC Shaves

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by riffin, Mar 31, 2009.

1. riffin

riffin Active Member

There is The Art of Shaving in Union Station and at 1050 Conn Ave in DC. At home I have a list of barbershops that MAY do shaves. I started researching and didn't get back to it.

Their web page says they use a traditional straight with a removable blade. Does anyone know what it is? Is it a Dovo Shavette?

EDIT: Sorry for the hijacking. I started a new thread: "DC Shaves."

2. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Yeah I know all about them. The company has one store in Union Station/Vistor Center but they are opening up shortly on L street which is closer to me.

I wonder if they would be willing to give me some lessons on using my straight?

I use so few blades on my safety that there is no economical reason for me to use a straight. Only use is for me to show my four year old son to use it when he is old enough. If I give him all of the hardware that he will need ever, imagine all the dollars he will save over his life time.

3. Reason

Reason New Member

I was interested in a finding a place to get a straight razor shave before a date next weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

4. Truckman

Truckman New Member

If you don't mind making a drive to Baltimore, check out this place. I still haven't been there yet...

The Quinntessential Gentleman

There's also a few other Barber Shops that offer straight razor shaves, although I have no idea what they use (probably a shavette)...

5. Truckman

Truckman New Member

You wanted to get a straight razor shave before you went on a date? Or the date is - you two going to get a straight razor shave? :confused:

6. Reason

Reason New Member

I want the shave before the date. LOL

7. Truckman

Truckman New Member

:happy088 understood.

8. Reason

Reason New Member

Good. I don't mind traveling for a good shave so Bmore probably won't be a problem.

9. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Cool... it's right downtown, pretty easy to get to...

If you do go, make sure to write up about it here...

10. Reason

Reason New Member

Will do. I am going to call and ask around to see who would give a better shave there. So many people to pick from. :)