~) the official pen thread (~

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by D.irving79, Apr 16, 2009.

1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

CONVERTER! That's the word I was looking for!
    Yeah, the bladder with the metal band to squeeze and draw the ink into it.

I haven't thought of refilling the little cartridges, honestly...but for 12 carts. under $5, may not be worth my time...unless I get IAD (Ink Acquisition Disorder)....

2. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

I've never heard of the pens from xfountainpens.com. If you do end up with something from them, please let us know what you think.

Noodler's is a very popular ink, but is by not means the 'standard'. Personally, while I love Noodler's ink, I would say the standard would be something like Waterman Florida Blue or Parker Quink. I don't like Quink, but I love Waterman inks. I also really enjoy Diamine inks.

Let me know if you ever want some ink samples, Jim.

3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

ooh, really? :bounce015

4. Razor&Pens

Razor&Pens New Member

I have no knowledge of these pens at all and have never heard of them on pen boards or seen them at pen shows. My advice, which you can take or not, is to save your money.

5. w3wizard

w3wizard New Member

Nib Repair / Replacement

I have an old Cartier Diabolo. While I'm not knowledgeable about fountain pens, I'd like to get it working again. Problem is, it has a bent nib. I would like to get it repaired or replaced, but I don't want to pay too much since I'm new to fountain pens and don't know if I'll like it much. Any suggestions on what I should do, if I can replace / repair it, and for about how much (preferably not much)?

Didn't think that joining The Shave Den would remind me of a fountain pen that I've had for years but which has just been sitting in its case. I think my mom gave it to me after she bought it at a flea market for $5 or so.

6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Richard Binder
    Greg Minuskin
    John Mottishaw
    Fountain Pen Hospital

7. w3wizard

w3wizard New Member

Thank you for the links, looks like I can get my nib repaired, and it won't cost me too much.