SS Tan Tip???

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by riffin, May 3, 2009.

1. riffin

riffin Active Member

Bigfoot only with better pictures... :eek:

Ebay

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

What is that..I have seen the Black tip..never any other of that model.

3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I know where one of those are at in Mobile...it's been there the past two summers, I see no reason it won't be later in July...:cool:

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

That tip looks plastic to me.

5. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Thanks. I swear I learn something new here everyday...

6. riffin

riffin Active Member

There have been rumors of tan tip Super Speeds and a few people who have claimed to see them. But no one has actually produced a picture of one. At least not that I've seen. Some think someone painted a knob tan for whatever reason and it wasn't original. Hence the reference to Bigfoot. Interesting!

The tip does look like pastic to me too. I looks transluscent, which whould make it hard to fake. I wouldn't mind seeing it up close.

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

And I'll show you some better pictures when it arrives. ;)

8. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Great, glad to see someone who posts on here bought it. Can't wait to see better pics and some hands on comments.

9. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

My guess it was a black plastic tip at one time and age has affected it.

10. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Seeing as how I have never seen one up close, did the Black Tips have plastic tips?

11. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

That isn't even the same type of razor that the rumored tan is supposed to be. I think you will find that it used to be a black tip SS. The tip will probably feel pretty soft as I have seen and heard it before for razors that look like this.

12. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Yes, black plastic.

The so called tan tip would have been the newer style somewhere around 56-60. It was supposed to come in a tan base box and was the medium shaver. The tip wasn't really tan, the whole razor had a beige tint from the lacquer that was used. This is one I have seen pictures of. I have seen some painted tan tips at the auction but none that I ever thought were real.
    They may be, just don't know.

13. riffin

riffin Active Member

Then I owe you an apology, my good sir. If it weren't for me, you would have gotten it for about $5. :ashamed001 I'm glad it someone here who got it.