Vie-Long Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by poppi, May 20, 2009.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Anyone know anything about these? I know they're Spanish and look good on their website but that's all I've been able to find out so far.

http://www.vielong.com

Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks and enjoy your shave

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Could you give us a pic? So we can take a look. :D You know we want to see em!

3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Added the website address. There are a lot of brushes to look at.

4. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Hello Poppi.Theyre spanish brushes made in Valencia.The makers are really nice as well as the brushes.Somebody told me that Plisson and Vie Long uses the same hair on their top brushes(white mountain badger, 2 bands) but I havent found is this is true or not.What I can tell you is that the tops brushes (from 65 to 80 euros)are really nice packed and perform really well with both hard soaps and creams.I used to have one but I lost it(or was stolen) on one if my trips and I replaced it with a Kent BK8.
    Valkiria makes really good brushes and theyre spanish too.They dont have a website as Vie Long but the quality is nice.

5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Teiste, thanks for the information. I appreciate it. It would be nice to know the sizes ie knot and loft of their brushes, wish it were on the website.

I have emailed the company for more information. Will wait for their reply before proceding further.

6. Teiste

Teiste New Member

The one that I had it was a 25 mm knot silvertip(but it was clearly finest badger),dont remember the loft but I guess around 60mm(the model is the 16551,since they havent changed their models is easy to recognize)It was a well made and kind of heavy brush.I should buy a Vie Long soon.I really like the olive wood handle collection.Hope they can reply you soon.

7. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Thanks again for the info. It gives me a type of reference while I'm drooling over their website.

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Thanks!

9. domino

domino New Member

I agree the wood collection is hot!
    The one with the small knot/loft,that one in particular:D

10. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Hello Poppi,have they answered you?I did write them a couple days ago and Im still waiting for their answer..I might call them later today asking for a handle..

11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

No answer yet, still waiting.

It seems SBAD (shaving brush acquistion disorder) has hit me. Just purchased a Rooney 3/1 last night and still looking for this info. My wife is going to kill me.

12. Teiste

Teiste New Member

hehehehehe,welcome to the club,my friend.I wanna get a Vie long and also a Semogue brush.Semogue are truly a hidden gems but theyre not expensive as Vie Long.I really like the Semogue 2015HD and I think for the price is a steal.The Vie Longs finest(or silvertips)are around 70 to 85 euros.

13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm looking into the Semouge 2015hd as well. Maybe I can talk my kids into getting me one for Father's Day. It will put off being killed by my wife, get me another wonderful brush and make the kids feel good too. Brilliant!

14. domino

domino New Member

I have the 2015 and it is a "hidden gem" and for a silver tip brush.It has good back bone.No problems with Tabac or Dr.Harris

15. Teiste

Teiste New Member

The Semogue 2015 HD is a wonderful brush my friends.
    This afternnon I founded a treasure, a spanish La Valkiria shaving brush super badger for 22,60 euros....I dont have to add that I bought it.Ill put some pics of it tomorrow.Im glad to know that Vie Long,Semogue and La Valkiria are still making high quality brushes in La Peninsula Iberica(Portugal and Spain):D:D:D
    This is not good for my SBAD.....:ashamed001:ashamed001
    ok here are the pics of the La Valkiria super badger brush,made in Spain.

Attached Files:

16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Now I've got another one to try to get. Maybe for my birthday this summer?

17. Teiste

Teiste New Member

heheheheeh,we have a bad SBAD my friend!!!!!

18. domino

domino New Member

Beautiful brush my friend.What color is the handle?

19. Teiste

Teiste New Member

top is black,the other 3 quaters is like a hard glass(dunno how to describe it in english)Its kind of a heavy handle and not slippery at all.

20. domino

domino New Member

That is what I thought.I like it!:D