Vie-Long Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by poppi, May 20, 2009.

1. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Sontom,Welcome to TSD,but you should write your entry on the Newbies forum.

2. x_z_1

x_z_1 New Member

anyone try their horse hair brushes?

3. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Theyre good and cheap.Works better with creams than with soaps and doenst have the backbone of badger/boar brushes.Theyre soft and retains/releases water very well,but as I have said works only with creams,for hard soaps are really soft.

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Finally got an email from Oscar Julian of Vie-Long which stated that they have no USA vendors. The closet vendor is http://www.permatrading.com out of Canada. He says if they don't have the Vie-Long brush you want, contact the company and they will try to work with you to get the product you want. That's all I have for right now concerning this company.

And since I just purchased 2 new brushes, this is on hold for me right now.

5. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I wish I could help you getting a Vie Long brush.However the shipping postal fees in Spain have been increased and its a ripped off to send something over 100 g outside Spain.Lets see if we can work out something if you are interested in one.Honestly,theyre worthy to try(actually my fav.brush of the most of 12 that I have owned was a finest badger which I did paid for it 75 euros),but I understand that theres other great options like Portuguese Semogues and cheaper.

6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Thank you. I would like to try to work out a way to get a Vie-Long brush in the future. Right now SWMBO (always!) says no more brushes. Guess I've been told.

7. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I am tempted to get a Vie-Long horse hair brush :eek:.

8. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

I just received a shipment of three models of the "White Badger" brushes and I am definitely impressed. The badger hair used is premium quality (I have heard it is the same as Plisson's European Badger) although the knots are not quite as dense as a Simpson's Brush (although they are plenty dense). They seem to me to be an excellent all around brush.

9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Wow Teiste, that La Valkiria sure is a pretty brush! Thanks for the pictures. There is a Spanish shop called Eureka that has a lot of brushes. Do you know anything about the Argos brand?

10. herzi

herzi Active Member

I have two VieLongs. One is a small dark badger. Looking at their homepage
    http://www.vielong.com/En/Brochas3.html
    it might be the 16581 but the handle has the colour of the 16735. I had some pictures but the picture hoster is gone and so the pictures, too.
    It is a small and dense brush. The dark badger hair is in my opinion softer than some super badger of other manufacturers. It works excellent with soaps and creams.
    But I think VieLong brushes are expensive. I had a prize list of the German vendor and mine costs about 60€.

The second one is a horse hair brush.
    You can see it here in the middle. http://www.gut-rasiert.de/forum/index.php/topic,6389.0.html
    The previous owner ground the handle and oiled it. The hair is long and very soft. If you have soap in abowl it also works with soaps. I don't use it often. If you are keen on it make me an offer ;)

11. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

Actually they aren't all that expensive. The three White Badger brushes that I carry range in price from $75.00 to $105.00.

12. herzi

herzi Active Member

Your 75$ brush looks like mine. But mine has a red coloured handle and black hair.
    And I think for a black badger it's quite expensive. It's almost the same prize.

13. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

vie long horse/badger mix

I have really seen and feed back on the horse /hair badger from vie long .Anyone own one and got a opinion ......