Now check THIS out!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by JimR, Jun 2, 2009.

1. JimR

JimR Active Member

Betcha never thought you'd see one of THESE! And if you've got $120 bucks, it's yours!

Attached Files:

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

feather-jector?

3. JimR

JimR Active Member

The REAL feather-jector! Can you read the name on the head?

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Sweet! Yeah, it took me a bit, but I read it. Who is selling them? (not that I can get one)

5. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

6. JimR

JimR Active Member

I found it on a Japanese Auction site. First time I'd ever even HEARD of one...This company really keeps surprising me. At least they stole form the best!

Not at all. The razor I pictured is a true injector razor, a copy of the Schick, made by the Feather company.

7. riffin

riffin Active Member

Does that mean Feather is making Schick sized injector blades, or is the head the same width as a standard AC blade? Is this vintage or new/current production product?

8. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Have you tried it Jim?how does it shaves?

9. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

10. omegapd

omegapd New Member

I cannot wait to read a review on that, Bong. Seriously...

11. Hi Jim,

Man, it's been a while since I typed at you. Heh, looks like you kinda sorta decided to stick with this 'hobby'............

So, it looks like a replica of the 'L' type eh? Is that a plastic handle like the Schick versions............seems like it from the pics. That model was one of the better injectors I'd used.

If you're serious about the price, I think that's a real pisser. Someone has decided to exploit a very small niche, and I can't imagine anyone buying the thing. Really, why spend that sorta cash..........I can't imagine the shave being any better than the original Schick versions. Plus..........the damn thing isn't even an adjustable! This offering is sort of an insult to the buyer if you ask me. Hehehe, no Jim, you're not the one doing the insulting, and I'm glad you posted this. Seriously though.....$120 bucks for that? You being a little sarcastical maybe? (Update)......I didn't realize these razors were NOS instead of currently being produced. In that case, the price may well be worth it to a collector.

Now, the thing that's really interesting is those featherjector blades. I believe those were being sold on Japanese websites a few years ago, and by then I'd stopped using an injector. Now those things would be worth trying, especially since there's no need to cut em down.

Anyway, thanks for showing this to the group,
    Martin

Oh...I just had another thought: Maybe the Feather company has decided to market the razor/blade combo like some old US companies did. Yeah, in the old days(as now) the blades were the hook...THAT was what was being sold. Back then though, the injector razors themselves were sometimes tossed in for free with the blades. I mean hell, the things certainly weren't much to produce.

So I'm thinking that maybe those Featherjector blades may be the problem with the price. I wonder if those 5 blades in that pack cost $24 each, and the razor is a freebie. Hmmmmmmmm.

12. Oh good,

I've sorta been wanting to try that thing...maybe I can shave vicariously through you................

I'm kinda surprised you ordered one of those, and I hope it'll be as aggressive as you like. I will be curious to hear your opinion about that thing.

It's tough to know how those will shave....it would be a crapshoot for me. If the thing acted like an older, more aggressive type injector, that would be a bust for me(you would love it...heh). If it was more like the later models..........that could be pretty interesting. It's a great looking razor, and I'll bet the weight and handle grip would be excellent.

Anyway, good luck with that,
    Martin

13. JimR

JimR Active Member

Oh no, that's vintage. I have no idea about the size...

That kind of money would buy a darned fine straight...not at all worht it for a plastic handled injector.

Hey Martin, yep I'm still around. The price is nuts, yes, but you should see what NOS Schicks go for on that same auction site. We're talking $200 STARTING bids. Insane.

I've not seen any of the Feather blades for sale, so I'm assuming these are old stock--I mean, Feather still makes Single Edge blades...why not these? Maybe the injector pack is more expensive to make than the market will handle? Weird, yeah.

You know...

I might call up Feather and see if they have any stashed away somewhere. I could send my kids to college!

14. rainman

rainman New Member

Holy crap that things $125?

15. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Looking forward to the review!

16. JimR

JimR Active Member

there's one here...

17. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Gee glad to add something to my fund of shave knowledge.

18. Tommy C

Tommy C New Member

Good stuff ! :eek:

19. JimR

JimR Active Member

Found some more info...apparently, these were introduced in the seventies, and discontinued in 1996. When were injectors stopped in the states? I know that Schick had injectors out in Japan until 2000...

20. riffin

riffin Active Member

Well no wonder they had to discontinue them! SPUTTOM ??!! :happy102