Semogue 2000 and 1305

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Teiste, Jun 4, 2009.

1. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Nice work T n T ! ( Teiste n Truckman ) :1respect

The membership looks to be growing handsomely. :happy088

2. domino

domino New Member

If you want to help break the brush in quicker, wet the brush and use a blow dryer while running your fingers thru the hair and across the top of the brush to help circulate the hot air into the brush. That will help split the ends. Repeat the process a few times. The brush will be broken in in no time. Great idea to have a SOC club. :cool:

3. theturducken

theturducken New Member

where can I go about finding a good deal on a 31025??

4. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

At vintagescents.com. Have a look at the other shave products that Leon keeps on hand, its all good.

5. Hey Fozz, did your Semogue come in already, and if so, what's your initial impression of it?

6. Philq

Philq New Member

I gotta tell you the worst part of this SBAD is the waiting. I ordered the 1305, the shopkeepers on vacation till Monday and then another week or longer to get it to the US. This is excruitiating. :confused:

7. selhov

selhov New Member

hi philg i promise you it,s well worth the weight you will be so pleased with this brush and it,s lather production, more than you will nead in one shave its fab then i bet you will nead another:D my second was the 2000 a biger brush but what a worker whip,s up lather in no time good luck when it come,s and happy shaving.

8. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Yohann,

Yes it did thx, I have shaved 5 times with it & so far OK. it is still "breaking" in & i am still learning about the boar.

It is a good brush!

9. Teiste

Teiste New Member

My 2000 is just performing like any of my top badger brushes after 3 months of use.The key is using them and using them until fully breaks and voila!a soft tip brush with a firm backbone good for both soaps and creams.

10. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Teiste,
    I got my order today:D Both are soaking right now to get rid of the funk. Very promising though! Bristles are really soft! Going to give the Latoja stick a whirl in the AM with the 1305. I think it might be time to retire the Omega and VDH brush:eek: RIP:happy102

11. Truckman

Truckman New Member

:signs136

12. Teiste

Teiste New Member

eventually you will......:D enjoy them!and welcome to the SOC

13. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

The 1305 came out funk free and really feels nice. The 2000 still a bit funky(actually smells horrible but no problem-nothing like my BK4 was). I am hiding all my other brushes for the remainder of August. I am going to take your advice Teiste and try to lather some creams with the 2000. None of my boar brushes thus far have been good at it.

14. selhov

selhov New Member

so pleased you have bought semouge brushe,s:d you will find the 2000 boar will lather up like no other boar it,s fantastic well i think so im really pleased with my brushes and the lather you will get is super let us no what you think good luck.

15. freddy88

freddy88 Member

I used my 2000 this morning with Williams shave cream. I got the most incredible lather! I had enough quality lather in my brush for a three pass shave plus touch-up and there was still enough lather in the brush for one or two more passes. Once that 2000 breaks in you will find you'll get great lather from creams as well as soaps. :D

16. I received my 2000 yesterday. I did the whole prep thing to get rid of the smell. OMG!! On the first soak it stank!!. I'm blessed with a very good sense of smell too!!:eek:

Anyway, after working at it for a while, the stink is down to manageable levels. I used it this morning. It worked well and held enough lather for 2+ passes. I'll be using it exclusively until it breaks in properly. Hopefully, over time it will be able to hold lather for my usual 3+ pass shave.
    I've been using Kells soaps lately, but will probably move back to Tabac and Harris soaps until I have a good baseline on how the brush works. I'm still figuring out the idiosyncracies of the Kells (great soaps, BTW) and don't want a new brush to skew the results.

17. Philq

Philq New Member

Great news mine is on the way. I am on the way to becomming an owner instead of a wanna be.:D:happy102:happy102:happy102:happy102

18. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Neither my 2000 nor my 1305 came with any noticeable odor. Maybe I was just lucky because so many people seem to have the funk problem when their brushes first arrive.

You're going to love it! Both the 1305 and the 2000 are winners. I just went back to using the 2000 after spending a couple of weeks breaking in the 1305. My badger brush is fine but so are my Semogues. The 2000 and 1305 combined cost only about 20-25% of what the Shavemac silvertip badger did.

Enjoy shaving with your brushes. :D

19. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

:( still waiting on mine

20. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I must be really lucky on brushes. I haven't had a stinky brush yet, and my nose is usually sensitive to stinky smells. Odd.. Oh well, the 1305 still is working great. Definitely tempted to pick up the 2000 and maybe another....