Fathers Day 2009 TSD

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by UnklGus, Jun 21, 2009.

1. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to ALL the Fathers in the DEN

So I found out yesterday, that my fathers day gift this year was to take my brother and dad and myself out to a barbershop and get a nice "pampering"/ shave, old school barber style!

Super Excited about it. I am actually waiting for it to be my turn right now. I will get some Pictures posted later tonight of the experience. An AWESOME Fathers Day Gift!!!

Its my turn.... gotta go stay tuned ....

2. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

Well it was certainly a Fathers Day to remember. I got my first Barbershop shave, they started out with a nice hot towel. then a pre shave oil. followed my a shave gel. The the hot lather. AWWWW so nice!!! the the shaving started. I must say I was a little disappointed to find out that the barbers at this shop did not use the traditional Straight razor. Instead they used disposabe shavette style straight razor. I was looking forward to asking questions able the stropping and so on and so forth. but oh well. after the shave they put on another hot towel. They put a cold towel on to finish up.

So relaxing to have someone else do the shaving. Though I must say that the shave was nothing to brag about. I did come out a little scruffy, but thehole experience was like no other.

Post shave we went the to bar and got some drinks.... Nothing like a good Brew after spending some time with the Pops and Bro!!

3. Teiste

Teiste New Member

That was a cool family experience!:happy088 didnt the barber put you some AS or just the cold towel as an AS?

4. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Happy Father's Day to all dads!

5. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have several shops in my area that do these and they all use straight razors, no shavettes, to accomplish the task.

6. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

I did forget the AS part. He did use an AS lotion... The other part that I was a little disapointed about was that they did not use the mug and brush. they had a hot lather machine. Still had the same effect i guess, just not as genuine. but oh well...

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Highly unlikely for health reasons.

8. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Very cool, gus. Sounds like a real nice male bonding time.