Treet "Blue Steel"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by TraderJoe, Jul 12, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Treet "Blue Special"

Treet "Blue Special" Double Edge Blades.....

I'm working my way through the Barberia Italiana Sample Pack, (the large #3, an excellent value in my opinion) and these are up for bat tomorrow AM:

[​IMG]

Has anybody used these yet? I really like the look of blade, it seems very well made and precise. The black color packs a ton of cool-factor. The edge seems sharp. (As it should:D)

Here's some info for the curious:

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

In the straight razor arena SR made in that country are considered...well...I hope that these DE blades turn out better for you. Let us know.

Raf

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Well, I have tried the Treet Platinum "super stainless"....and they were far superior to Derby blades (at least for my skin)

These:

[​IMG]

4. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Dam You, JOE !
    First Bronco, now you :mad:
    I DONT WANT TO TRY ANYMORE BLADES !!@@!!
    ..........but I will. ;)

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

[​IMG]

Enjoy :rofl

6. herzi

herzi Active Member

I think they aren't stainless, aren't they? Take care of your beloved shaver.

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

So far.....

1st use (Treet Blued Steel) today went very well

- No irritation
    - Smooth shave
    - Close shave

The blade is rigid, even more so than a Sharp v2, yet just as forgiving. Works well with my skin. Will be using again tomorrow, in a more aggressive razor.

8. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I *really* like the Treet Platinum stainless. I'll give the Treet blue steel a try tomorrow.

That big sampler pack is really a bargain, and I'm surprised at how many good blades I'm finding therein.

9. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I bought some of those from Paul at suffolk supplies and have yet to try them. From your description they sound as if they should be good shavers with the 'more ancient' Gillette razors.

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Glad they are working well for your guys.

Raf

11. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Po' Po' Sick Sick Puppies !!!!

U boyz is jes gittin' SICKER 'n SICKER....U do realize (don't u) that u've managed 2 come up with a new AD...

SAMPLER Acquisition Disorder ....:roflSAD:rofl

And dang U all....it's contagious 'n now I got it::

12. madmedic

Just read my Custom Title....and remember!

Perhaps we should change the Forum Title to:

Wet Shavers Anonymous!

13. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I have been using the Treet Blue Steel for my last two shaves and I must say that they were both excellent. I will use the same blade for a third shave. I have been using it in a 38c. I may have to "getta hunid".

14. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Thank you. :D

15. madmedic

16. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

But of course! :D Just want to get a little more "mileage" with these puppies. I'm going to have about 10 or more blade reviews to do :eek: ::

17. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

Man! What a GREAT shave I got with the Treet blue steel blade! I blogged it, but I want to say that I thank Trader Joe for pointing it out. I would have been slow to get to it otherwise.

I do know that carbon-steel straight razors are said to take a sharper edge than stainless, so no reason not to think that a carbon steel DE would be extra sharp. Still, it was a surprise that it's both sharp and VERY smooth---doesn't have the tendency to surprise you that a Feather does.

I did, of course, do a good prep, which helped: Musgo Real Glyce Lime Oil soap to wash my beard, then D.R. Harris Arlington shave soap, which makes a great lather. The razor was the Gillette NEW.

Again, thanks, TJ.

18. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Maybe we're needing a BLADE BATTLE forum of a BLADE THROWDOWN forum with all the available blades that we can think of ??????

19. Smedley

Smedley New Member

How's the rust resistance with the carbon blades?

20. madmedic

Joe....did you get any Treet 'Dura Sharp' Carbon Blades?

Thet are not the sexy blue colour.......but over here they have a good bulk price.