To our Friends in The Canary Islands

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by JimR, Aug 2, 2009.

1. JimR

JimR Active Member

Teiste, Mandrake, are you guys ok? I read about the fires...sounds pretty bad. I hope you and yours are safe!

2. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Thanks Jim.La Palma(one of the 7 islands here) is burning pretty badly.Im so sorry for all the ppl there,they have lost houses and properties.Mandrake lives in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and I do live in Tenerife so we are safe.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Well, thank God for that you're safe, my dear friend! :)

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:sihns011 Had me worried after Jim's post.

5. Mandrake

Mandrake New Member

Thanks for asking, we are fine, as Teiste said La Palma is a different island, but really appreciate your concern!:signs001

Carlos

6. beyboo

beyboo New Member

Thanks to Jim for highlighting the concern. Good to know all our TSD friends are OK. Take care all of you !!

7. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

I don't watch or listen to any news outside sports. after reading your post Jim you me worried as well.
    I am glad both guys checked in well.

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Good to hear you guys are okay.

For the geographically challenged (we've had a few threads on this subject before, haven't we, Klaus?), here they are.

Neither Austria nor Australia are shown. :D

Attached Files:

9. JimR

JimR Active Member

Glad to hear it guys! I wasn't sure which islands you guys were on, but I did have a vague memory that one of you was on La Palma--It was probably Mandrake, what with being on Las Palmas.

Sorry to worry everyone!

10. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Believe me, after going through two horrific wild fires here in San Diego, my heart and prayers go out to all in the Canary Islands fires. Thank G-d you two are safe.