The Haul: August 10th - August 16th, 2009

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Aug 10, 2009.

1. riffin

riffin Active Member

Interesting! Did Kai design the cartridges too or do they put their blades in the blank KoS cartridge frame? That they are Kai blades bodes well.

I test drove it a few strokes on my arm and it seemed to work well. Got clogged but that's typical for a multi-blade. Their instructions and videos (YouTube) say not to use too much pressure, but I think they are on a different scale from DE or SE safeties. It's so light and the hinge doesn't flex without actually pressing down. And videos show users pressing with their forefinger. I had to press on my arm, but: 1) arm hair is not facial hair, 2) I didn't do any prep or use cream, and 3) it was a bit longer than my beard stubble.

We'll see!

2. Empty Words

Empty Words New Member

Today from West Coast Shaving:

Attached Files:

3. Teiste

Teiste New Member

It just unbelievable how easy is is for you guys to buy Cella in USA and how hard is for europeans to get it outside of Italy!:confused::(
    Enjoy it!

4. Empty Words

Empty Words New Member

It is nice to have many vendors that carry it. You do have Connaught Shaving in Europe, which is the only place I've seen that carries the 1 kilogram block of Cella.

5. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

6. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Compare the K-4 Tetra Neo blade http://www.kai-group.com/jp/grooming/grooming_shaving/grooming_shaving_kaeba/item/01371.html with the King of Shaves Azor blade
    http://www.shave.com/azor/ - similar?

7. riffin

riffin Active Member

They sure do look similar. The plastic frame and interface to the handle looks different, but it's hard to tell given the size of the image. I looked for a better picture and couldn't find one. The blade/lube strip configuration looks nearly identical. I wonder if Endurium is KoS' brand for Kai's PINK technology? I noticed one of the Captain blades had a PINK coating.

8. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

[​IMG]

Dan from Kells Original is an excellent guy to do business with.

9. saltypete

saltypete New Member

I spent 3 days in the big city and picked up:
    A tube of Proraso Shave Cream
    A bottle of Proraso Pre/Post
    A bottle of Barbers Supply Bay rum
    A puck of L' Occitane Shave soap and the metal conatiner for it
    some samples of T&H pre shave oil.

Pete

10. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Nice Haul Jimmy!Enjoy those shavesticks,specially the Casbah Mint scent!Dan is making really good stuff and hes also a great guy to deal with.

11. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I got some goodies from Justin yesterday
    1.Tube of Omega SC with lanolin
    1.Omega boar brush with red handle(100065)
    3.Packs of Gillettes super thin blades
    THANKS JUSTIN!!!!!!

12. Justin Low

Justin Low Member

You're most welcome! :D

13. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

More additions:

Speick Shaving stick x2
    Tabac Luxury Soap
    Tabac After Shave Lotion
    Tabac Man EDT
    Arko Shaving Cream - Sensitive
    Dorco ST310 DE blades
    Wilkinson Sword Contact Plus cartridge blades
    Urtekram Rose Soap

Attached Files:

14. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Man,how many soaps and creams do you have now?Let us know how you like the Speick shavesticks.A couple ppl have mentioned me that the cream is better than the shavestick but Im not sure about that,I have only tried the cream but I find hard to believe that performs better than a tallow based shavestick.

15. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Er .... 77 of 64 different kinds :ashamed001. I only bought two Speick sticks, as I bought one yesterday and saw the older packaged one today. I thought they might be different formulations, but they are the same. That should be it ..................UNTIL NEXT TIME :D.

I can send you a Shave stick.

16. Teiste

Teiste New Member

yes we should do a trade....Ill pm you soon.

17. Philq

Philq New Member

I could not bring my self to spend the bucks for the scuttles from Moss or Dirtybird, so I picked up the Dipwarmer from Amazon. First off it is quite large. That aside it holds plenty of hot water, is large enough to lather in the bowl and it will keep everything hot for at least three passes. I like it. When I drop it and I will:sick007 I will consider dropping the bucks for one of the others if only for the handle.The razor is my slim to give you a size reference.

Attached Files:

18. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

[​IMG]

This is from the G era. I got it for next to nothing on Ebay including shipping. It has a scratch from where someone tried to remove the spring. However, The srping is in excellent shape and does not give when pushing down the safety bar. I LOVE injectors! I much prefer them over Gillette double edge. I have yet to try to Gem of SE yet. I will need to do some more research on them first since I know nothing about them.

Samples are from Billy Jealousy. I used the Hot Towel yesterday and loved it. I am thinking about buying this one, but its 22 dollars. Pre shaves seem to be a bit of overkill to me. They are great, but not necessary.

i got these on Sat, but went to see the Braves beat the Phillies by a game winning hit in the bottom 9th. Go Braves!!!

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Strange, I sent somebody a Speick shave stick, and he doesn't think too much of it. For myself, I think it's a pretty good stick. Read the review I posted on it! :)

20. Teiste

Teiste New Member

he should return the stick or send it to me on a pif!:d:d:d