What Do Women Like?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by lovenhim, Oct 13, 2009.

1. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

I agree.

Department store brands are great, except they are expensive and usually smell like alcohol. I am no woman but everytime I make a fragrent choice I bring a woman with me. With out fail they always love Caswell and Massey scents over everything else. They have a wide range of scents from Bay Rums to Lime (My and my women's favorite) to Rose and other florals. Also from what I can tell the scent changes very little from bottle to skin. My favorite thing about them is that the scents are potent but not offensive. In other words they won't give you a head ache, like the heavy alcohol smelling colognes. Oh and they are not that expensive either. Their matching shave balms are great too. My only criticism is they are easily canceled out by smoke smell. I often keep a little extra in the car so i can re apply over my cigarette smell when I smoke.

Before you go to the department store the Casswell massey website has a suggestion questionnaire you can have your wife take to get suggestions so you know what to look for in store even if its not a caswell massey product it might still help.

C. S. Budzi

2. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

My girlfriend and I both love the smell of Aqua Velva.

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Corinne likes Aqua Velva on her uncle, but on me, she likes Old Spice, or Mennen Skin Bracer Original. :eek: :happy102

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. Lightf00t

Lightf00t New Member

I used to wear Jean Paul Gautier all the time and got LOADS of compliments from women. Recently though, when I came back to try it again, it just didn't do it for me. I think your tastes definitely change as you get more mature; don't want to be smelling like a homosexual or a candystore, or a homosexual in a candystore anymore.

You get my drift . . . :happy102

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. boyextraordinare

6. du212

du212 Well-Known Member

:happy102:happy102:happy102

I dont't like JPG's "Le Male', a lot of people wear it in Spain, and it's becoming a smell not a parfum,.....the saturday night youngmen horde smell :sick007....:happy102

There are a lot of women with different taste in their noses,....Women have a very accurated sense of smell, ....it's difficult to try an one for all men's fragance,......In my experience fruity fragances as l'eau d'Issey Miyake or citric as L'eau de Rochas or Acqua di Gio are very well accepted by women....But I like the herbal and woody fragances as Fragonard Cologne Grand Luxe or Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte

7. ccoppola

ccoppola New Member

I prefer Sandalwood myself....the wife loves Bay Rum...when I'm out and about I get the most compliments when I use Tabac AS Splash....I think it just depends on the woman! If you can figure them out....please clue the rest of us in!! :)

CC

BabyBottomSmooth likes this.
  8. Steve Mack

Steve Mack Member

Old school A/S & Cologne

I've discovered that there is a whole generation of women who are not familier with many of the older products. Bay Rum, Canoe and even English Leather have spurred curiosity in many of my female friends and acquaintences.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

My girlfriend like the scent of Lilac Vegetal, Bayrum, Brut, Diamond from Armani but she hates Clubman.

crackstar likes this.
  10. Tom Ford

Tom Ford Member

Who knows, they're women after all!! They don't even know what they like :happy102

11. boyextraordinare

Good one, Tom Ford :happy102:happy102:happy102

Tom Ford by Tom Ford is very nice.

Tom Ford aviators are also excellent.

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oufffffffff, ma femme deteste l'odeur de Brut, mais moi, je m'en fous, je l'aime bien! :happy097 :happy001

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I certainly know what I like............

Kilgore Trout and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Condescending misogynists, right? :D

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    How many times do I have to reassure you that, yes, I like you? :D

16. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Nice one! :1respect

17. SWATZO

SWATZO New Member

Thought this was interesting...

From "Ask Men" on the web...I cleaned up the language a little ;) maybe TSD colognes as they come in so many different possibilities?

1- Vanilla
    Like the smell of chocolate, vanilla has a sweet, welcoming scent. Its odor increases sexual stimulation in both men and women. So the next time you're with your girl, invest in a vanilla candle or burn some oil to set the mood.

2- Patchouli
    Patchouli has received much positive press in recent years, all thanks to its ability to make people horny. Okay, maybe not, but it does smell awesome. Experts believe that it awakens and provokes sexual energy and every little bit helps, so experience the scent via incense sticks. Burn one today.

3- Musk
    Although musk is known to closely resemble the scent of male pheromones, what should concern you significantly is the fact that musk will quite possibly drive her crazy. So invest in some cologne that lists musk as a main ingredient and let her do the rest. If you don't want the cologne, there are incense sticks, as well as oils, available.

4- Peppermint
    Ah, that minty fresh scent. Peppermint is believed to help you stay awake, alert and energized.... You can opt to emit the scent via a candle, incense or oil.

5- Ylang Ylang
    Have you ever smelled ylang ylang? It really does smell like romance is about to take place. So if you're in the mood for some fun, burn some oil or buy some room spray. But be careful; this fresh scent is known to encourage verbal communication.

6- Jasmine
    With its subtle scent, jasmine has the ability to open the other senses to new experiences. If you want to seduce her, use jasmine in an oil or incense.

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

hmm... I wonder if we could get the actual president of the lather club to weigh in on this :p

19. ztirf1953

ztirf1953 Active Member

A word of advice from one married almost 31 years! Have your wife/girlfriend to help pick out the after shave/cologne. I do have some after shaves and colognes that my wife doesn't like and I use them when I'm not going to be around her! Otherwise, let her pick it out!

20. zimmer

zimmer Member

Having my wife pick out after shaves and colognes usually works and has worked for 25 years with one exception. She picked up a bottle of cimmarone(?) or something with a similar name. The stuff made me gag but I of course, wore it on occasion and never let on that I didn't care for it.
    Unfortunately, about 6 months later, the bottle received a fatal blow after being packed in a small carry on duffle and checked with my baggage on a flight. I was heartbroken.

RetLEO-07 likes this.