The Haul: November 2nd - November 8th, 2009

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by rodd, Nov 2, 2009.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Let's see your scores for the week!

I'll start things off with a couple razors I was excited to find.
    Chrome Canadian Norfolk
    [​IMG]

Blue Tip Rocket, completing the family photo
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

That Norfolk looks great, Rodd!

I got a package from JoAnna today - rose goodies :D

3. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

You too??

Mine was filled with two tubs of TSD soap...... Egyptian Spice & Bourbon Vanilla :love055

Had arrived probably somewhere last week, but I had given my old address as shipment address :ashamed001

4. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will be posting the review for this scuttle on Friday. I purchased it for $18 from Robert Becker who is a potter with a store on Ebay.

The straight is a 5/8 Chris Johnson with Ivory scales purchased from Ivan (Gugi). I plan on restoring the blade. This will be my first straight restore.

5. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

WOW.......... :drool

That's a really, really nice looking scuttle you have there :happy088

Looks awesome!!

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Nice hauls everyone!

7. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Nice stuff, y'all!

8. herzi

herzi Active Member

The Norfolk looks awesome.

9. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Sweet Almond Oil soap??? Where did you dig that one up :D

10. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

I got it in a trade with another member in another forum. SAO is my favorite shaving cream/soap.

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Enjoy it, my friend! I have a jar of the cream but have never been able to find myself a puck of the soap.

12. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Crazy haul this week. Ok, some of it I received Friday or Saturday last week, but that was the accessories for the Fuze.
    Shaving Related:
    Parie Creations Spiced Rum Stick (won in contest)

Electronics:
    Sansa Fuze 8GB MP3 Palyer
    Skin & Chargers pack
    Panasonic Ear Buds (really impressed for the price)

BIG PURCHASE:
    2008 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD (certified used) to replace the Santa Fe that was totaled by my recent accident.

13. freebird

freebird Active Member

No shaving related items this week, (they're on order), but did get a new webcam in the mail today. A Microsoft vx-3000.

14. Griz

Griz Member

Tri-Plex New in the box

I found this Tri-Plex at a local store and it appears to to unused with a new blade sealed and the case is all but perfect. It is a 3 piece razor like a tech but with a triangular head.

This is the first one that I have seen, and I could not find anything about them on the net, but I have not looked very hard.

Also, found this straight that I bought for a few bucks that is odd as it has the tang of the blade set in hardwood with pins. The scales are plastic and very ornate. Not markings at all and does have a hollow ground blade.

Will N.

Attached Files:

15. riffin

riffin Active Member

Nice Haul, Griz! I think I've seen a triangular razor (not sure if it was Triplex) on the bay two or three times. I guessing that straight is worth som money. I like the groove between the tang and the blade.

16. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Elektra Nivola! I have coveted that piece of art for two years. It is quite a sight to behold and the coffee it produces is excellent. I’m giddy with excitement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

That is a work of art. The fact that it produces a fine caffeinated beverage is a nice bonus too.

18. freebird

freebird Active Member

Opened a very nice smelling box yesterda ,from The Gentlemen's Corner, containing 2 pucks of Cavendish Black shaving soap and a trial size bar of Cavendish Black bath soap.

19. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Good to see you Freebird!

20. freebird

freebird Active Member

Thanks, Rodd, it's nice to be seen lol. I think things are finally getting back to normal, or as close to normal as we can get anyway.

My other order came in today's post, another fine smelling box, this one from Ogallala Bay Rum. In this box was a 17.5 oz bottle of Bay Rum a/s, a 4 oz bottle of Bay Rum a/s, 3 sample size bottles, 1 each of Bay Rum cologne, bay rum, Limes & Peppercorns, Bay Rum & Sandalwood. Here's a pic of the entire shaving haul from my birthday cash. The bowl is a Myrtlewood bowl from the House of Myrtlewood in Oregon.

[​IMG]