The Shave Den store

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by TheCopperHat, Dec 8, 2009.

1. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

anybody know how to get in contact with someone from the store?? I've emailed them 3 times about an order I put in 2 weeks ago and no one has bothered to get back to me. I replied once to the email I got for verification of my order, and twice through the contact us email page in the store.

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I don't know how familiar you are with the store, but the store is only a one person operation.

JoAnna has been swamped with orders lately, and unfortunately for her, she has been very sick too.

If you ordered something that was a TSD exclusive product, I know that it will up to 10 business days (2 weeks), not including holidays like Thanksgiving, for her to create the product and ship it out.

Taken from the store FAQ page:

Where's my order?
    If you haven't received an email informing you of your order shipping, it most likely hasn't yet.
    Orders containing handmade products and/or samples can take 7-10 business days to fill depending on the volume of orders I have to fill at the time

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thanks, Bill!

Besides what Bill has stated, I also have a very large queue of orders to fill. And try to do so in the order in which I receive them.

4. memoryleak

memoryleak Active Member

Most of the better known "artisan" sites like JoAnna's, Prairie Creations, Gentleman's Quarter are going to be swamped with the coming of Christmas.
    There are no assembly lines at these shops, just one, maybe two person(s) devoted to their craft. It will be worth the wait.

5. Yeah, it's gotta be a good time of the year for the valued vendors. I'd agree that extra patience may be needed when ordering, but at least there's wonderful things to buy. It's a kick being able to pick out so many nice products taylored to our 'hobby'. Heh, people like Crissy, JoAnna, Colleen, and others are at the top of the enabler chain...........

I haven't ordered from Colleen in the last month or so, and have no idea if she's taking a little longer than usual to ship. If that's the case, then she has a good reason for the slight delay. Not many of you know this, but her products are made by magical elves. Yep, she created all the stuff, but I believe now it's all magical elves mixing the various items up.

As you can imagine, this time of year the magical elves have another committment they can't get out of. Santa would be so sad.......

So if I'm not mistaken, Colleen has to do all the work herself for a while. I hope this helps explain things a bit.

Martin

Oh, I hope you feel better soon JoAnna

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

While I can't comment on the other artisans, I do know JoAnna well enough to know that with the huge assortment of scents, her different styles of creams that she developed and produces, her top notch soaps, and the full range of aftershave milks and splashes she offers, all hand crafted by one person, that she is in full on panic mode right now and working as fast as she can.

Now couple this with the fact that she is diabetic who is pretty much blind in one eye now due to complications from her diabetes, and she has been very sick lately.

So to that end I would like to say that if you have an order in with the store, rest assured she is working on it in the order it was received, but with the current log of orders, there is a minimum of 2 weeks before an order is shipped.

7. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Speaking of which, how are you feeling Joanna? Hopefully, your health issues will gradually get sorted out. My prayers are with you.

I just received an order I placed a couple weeks back. She shipped it on Friday and I got it on Monday. The delay in shipping was the tough part but once it gets sent, it moves fairly quickly. It should also be pointed out that these are made to order. She really does provide individual service and while the wait is a killer, I've yet to be disappointed. The soaps will be well worth the wait guaranteed.

8. Queen of Blades

Thank you.

I have either a sinus infection or a cold/flu, not sure which. As much as I don't like being sick, I'm kinda used to it. What does bother me is my eye. The hemorrhage that occurred on Thanksgiving hasn't cleared, and has all but left me half blind. Computer is easy enough, HUGE font. Working on orders ain't so easy. Can't adjust the fonts on the order sheets. Not to mention looking at the scale as I weigh out ingredients. :o

Don't have insurance, so I haven't gone back to the eye doctor yet, but it's starting to become apparent I don't have a choice.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh, my God--JoAnna, I think your health is MUCH more of a priority than an order of some one. I want only for you that you be in good health. I promise you this--the next order I place with you, I will wait for you first to be in the correct shape, before to ship it to me. And you will take your time all you need, and NEVER to put stress on you.

10. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

I am really sorry to hear that the eye issue has not resolved and that you are sick now as well. This time of year is stressful enough without the health issues. I hope you feel better soon.

11. crackstar

With respect, I think a customer should be more discrete, and not to make public an announcement, yes?

12. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Ditto

13. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

I hope you get well soon.

14. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

I had no idea that you were going through such an ordeal, JoAnna. I'm right there in the no-insurance-boat with you.

Please know that my thoughts are with you. I hope you get well soon.

15. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

I apologize as I didn't know the extenuating circumstances, I've been reading thru the forums alot, and wanted to order the razor etc. I didn't read the faq right off the bat so all I knew was that I hadn't heard any response and had seen no order come to me, I was worried my money was missing in the vast emptiness of the internet. I don't feel like it's neccessary for you to criticise me for these simple things, as if you ordered from a site with my situation you would be a little worried as well. I was just putting up a post because I wasn't sure if there was some other way to contact someone, thus I asked a question.

16. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

I'm totally with you here!!

Get well soon ;)

17. Queen of Blades

Thanks, everyone! :o

18. marchesman

marchesman New Member

I am also diabetic, look after yourself FIRST,hope you get better soon.

---Roger

19. crackstar

I didn't mean this as criticism. No doubt you are concerned about your order, but you should always read the FAQ's. JoAnna has to do just about everything all by herself, but you can be sure you will be looked after.

20. Steve Mack

Steve Mack Member

Shave Den Store

Perhaps there is a member who actually lives near Joanna and might be able to lend a hand to and help catch up. That would be truly be in the Holiday Spirit. Of course seeing and smelling all those goodies might cause sensory overload.