dunno if this is a cream or soap... or neither

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by TheCopperHat, Mar 1, 2010.

1. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

picked up a sampler of this stuff called razorantium from a little shop called lush that makes there own stuff in house, vegan friendly but that's not my concern, it's a cream like substance that you rub into your skin ( no foamy lather) it's almost waxy, it's supposed to soften your stubble for an easier shave. Not sure if anybody else has heard of this company or tried this stuff, I think it may be nice for straight but it plugged the s*** out of my de. Very thick stuff but very lubricating. Interesting alternative anyway.

* here's the link to there site and a brief description of it *
    http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/face/shaving-creams/razorantium

2. ek.310

ek.310 New Member

item states "cream"..looks more like a chowder'd version:happy102

3. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

lol it says cream but its not a cream that i know of, it's like a "lotion"

4. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

like i say it may work well for straight, i'm going to give it a try when mine are ready but other then that it's weird and that's all i can say about it

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My goodness, why so expensive? :eek:

6. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

I bought the $11 sampler, all there stuff is very pricey due to it's "vegetarian/vegan" title.

7. crackstar

Ahhhhhhh, I see you are from Edmonton! I have been so many times in your nice city, as well as Calgary, Airdrie, Red Deer, Grande Prairie Rocky Mountain House, Ponoka, Wetaskiwin, and other places in Alberta. :) Great province, great people! :)

8. JimR

JimR Active Member

I like Lush stuff...it smells yummy. But their razor stuff...they told me they had a shave cream/aftershave. How the heck is THAT supposed to work?

9. firstfloorfront

firstfloorfront New Member

The Dragon Lady bought me some of this a little while ago, sorry to say I hated it; like putting toothpaste on your face and not a decent shave to be seen anywhere (my experience only). I also tried their other shave product called "Prince"; that had a wonderful orange scent but just like the other product it was very messy and clogged up the razor something chronic.

That said I do like their aftershave balm called Ambrosia

Peter

10. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

My wife and I are looking forward to a trip to Montreal sometime in the near future. She's been there once and can't stop talking about it and I'd love to see it!

@firstfloorfront - did you notice the smell of it to! smells like smearing old mcdonalds grease on your face!

11. Sparticus 6/8

Sparticus 6/8 Member

Might as well rub this on your face, smells nice and its cheap, might cause spots though as would most gloop. Found out E45 cream will. :happy102

Attached Files:

12. crackstar

Montreal is a nice city for sure. Yet, I do not really like it. :(