night or day

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Iacchus, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Iacchus

Iacchus Member

I am a night time shaver, mostly.
    I like to take my time and enjoy the shave, maybe play some music,maybe enjoy a fine brew or spirit during. The whole ritual relaxes me and seems to help me sleep.
    Also, I get the nicest comments from the wife about my smooth face and scent when snuggling under the covers, which has been known to lead to other activities that help me sleep in their own way :D .
    Yet, the other morning I awoke earlier than usual and decided to start my day with a shave. Gave it the whole nine yards and ended up with one of those heaven smiling upon you shaves. What a fantastic way to start the day! I knew I looked good and felt like I owned the world. A quick paw over the mug throughout the day never failed to bring a smile kept a spring in my step through the day's trials.
    I do not know if I am a convert to the morning shave yet, but I have decided to throw one in the mix every once in a while from now on. Maybe I should start shaving twice a day. 1 1/2 passes in the morn, and 1 1/2 passes at night...

When do you shave?

2. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Me I am a morning shaver.. Every day.. It is the absolute best way to start a day.. :cool:

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm also a morning shaver. Maybe once or twice a year, I'll shave in the evening, but rarely ever.

4. minderasr

minderasr Member

I'm a morning shaver, but every other day. If I shave daily, my skin gets too irritated.

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Morning for mee too! I'm one of those with a lucky face, I can shave 2X a day if need be and it doesn't bother me. If I know I'm going to have to do it twice I'll usually use one of the SS's. I am enjoying learning about my slant but I'm not ready to try it 2X a day.:D

6. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Mornings, mostly. I do occasionally get in a night shave, but they never seem as good for me as when I shave first thing in the morning. I think I am too tired and too distracted at night. I have gotten some of my worst nicks/slices at night! :(

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I shave mornings or nights. It doesnt really matter to me. I do shave every two or shree days. I wish i could shave more often..but my beard growth just isnt there.

8. Will

Will Nevermind

AM

I have to be clean shaven for work.

9. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

absolutely - shaving in the morning is a delight for me too :D

10. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Usually a morning shave....although occasionally when I go out for an evening.....I shave very late the preceding evening. This keeps me 'decent during the day...and then I go for BBS before I go out!

11. oskar

oskar New Member

Mornings, that's when the sun shines through the window by which I shave. And I just like getting through the whole day with smooth cheeks. :happy108
    greetings
    oskar

12. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I shave whenever I feel for it , im kinda in a luxury position with work shifts that when ever I want I can shave so usually it will be before going to work around 10 or 11 in the morning I can shave .

You will never ever catch be shaving at 7:00 or 8:00 in the morning unless its a wednesday and I really am desperate for a shave. I have thrown those shaves in it . I hae aswell experimented with graveyard shaves aswell being up at 5 in the morning and shave I bet its shocking for my co-workes when they start the day at 9 in the morning to see me all smooth they all know I must have shaved real EARLY ! I dont have a job position where I need to be smooth or shaven so I could get away with it easily by doing a one shave a week thing.

I was a nightshaver my hole life so I know what you mean and my beard grow isnt that fast so I can get away by doing night shaves so if I feel I wont be up for a 5 am shave ill do it around 11pm .

Yesterday I shaved around 3 pm just because I wanted to and graved for a shave Im on call and right when I was about to lather up for the 2nd pass the phone went someone in Iraq had no Internet. ok thats a bummer ! but I went back to the bathroom and relaxed finished my shave first ! I called the customer up and he asked if I escalated yet , I explained to him my face was all Latherd up as I spoke to him needed to finish first ! Lucky he has a sense of humor !

13. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

I shave at 5:50am every morning of the working week (actually, I'm about to go shave now). I wake my wife up at 6:15am and I usually need a good 25 minutes to do my face and head each day.

On the weekends I shave whenever I feel like it - usually still in the mornings, just not as early.

James.

14. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

A.M.

For the most part, I Shave in the morning,

.........and sometimes at night too (if I'm lucky :D )

15. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Main shave is in the morning, unless it's a lazy weekend, in which case around brunch or so. Evenings are only for touch up shaves if I am attending a social event with females I want to impress.

16. Iacchus

Iacchus Member

guess I am the odd man out on this one...
    Ahh well. My night shaves continue to be grand, and last until I get off work before the shadow grows heavy enough to be a bother.
    Maybe with a few more morning shaves I will be converted. We shall see.

17. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I have done the night-shave thing.......they're quite enjoyable because you can really take your time. Most mornings, I feel rushed, and so an leisurely night shave seems like a natural thing.

But in the end, I liked the BBS during the day, and switched back to mornings

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Morning shave. I have to be clean shaven before work. I do get in early though so I can enjoy it. On weekends, I either don't shave or I shave in the afternoon after coming back from the horses right after I shower.