Introductions are in order

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by geneaut, Mar 3, 2010.

1. geneaut

geneaut Member

Greetings and Salutations ( always wanted to say that ).

I'm a recent convert to wet shaving. I've spent the last 25 years hacking face with a variety of razors from Sensors, Mach 3s, Mach 3 Turbos, Fusions, and my personal favorite Bic single blade disposables.

My face always felt like I'd used a palm sander on it after shaving. I'd gotten to the point I was trying to go 2-3 days without shaving, but being in a 'professional' setting at work, and having a wife who loves a well shaved face was killing that as a long term solution.

Luckily I have a coworker who had recently taken up wet shaving with a DE razor. He at least got me turned on to using a nice shaving soap and brush instead of canned goop. My shaves, even with cartridge razors started getting much better. I started reading here on tips and techniques like pre-shave oils, hot towels, grain direction, witch hazel, menthol based AS, etc.

I've finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase my first DE razor. I read up on 'mild' and 'non-aggressive' razors to use as a learning tool, and purchased an all metal, 3 piece Lord Tech. My buddy is gonna sell me a selection of blades from his last sampler ( he's basically using Feathers in his EJ so his sampler set is basically sitting unused ). He's urging me to check out the EJ DE89L and I think that will be my next purchase.

I can see the how this has become more than just a method of grooming, and has slowly developed into a bit of a hobby for me. My wife is tickled by all the soaps and creams I've already collected, and my daughter loves smelling all of them to let me know which ones she likes best.

Anyway, I just wanted to say 'hi' and thanks for the wonderful forum.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

4. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Check the recent thread on the National Geographic shaving history video. One little nugget in that documentary is that the ancient Egyptians actually did use pumice to remove stubble. :shocked002

Good starter razor. Is cheap, looks cheap, works fine.
    I've heard nothing but good things about that razor. Should work out great.

Once again, welcome to TSD. :signs046

5. geneaut

geneaut Member

Thanks everyone.

6. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

Whast up

welcome to the forum!

7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Welcome to TSD! Sounds like you're have a great start.

8. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den :signs046

Enjoy your stay here :happy088

9. geneaut

geneaut Member

Got my shipping notice for the new razor. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow :)

10. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome!

11. geneaut

geneaut Member

Thanks ! I am enjoying your soap website.

12. JimR

JimR Active Member

Welcome to the Den! Enjoy and good luck!