Dr Bronners Shave Gels

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Queen of Blades, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Anyone have any experience with these?

They probably don't lather, of course. (The name "Gel" is the clue ;)) But, I spilled some on myself today at a health store. Got paper towels from a staff member. And was shocked by how sticky the product was! :eek: Until......I used some water to try rinsing the stickiness away. It did! :confused:

So I'm intrigued, but not enough to blindly spend the $8 or so the store wanted for the (pre-opened) tube (Bad people, opening tubes in the store. :rolleyes005 :happy097)

Anyway, just looked on Dr Bronners site, and had to make sure I pointed this variety of the gel out specifically. :confused: I'm sorry, but I can't condone shaving babies. :happy097

2. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Haha, poor baby is looking forward to a rough life if they have to shave that early.

"And here's Joe's grade 2 picture, I told him to shave that morning and he didn't and he sticks out just awful"

3. ek.310

ek.310 New Member

product says baby shaving gel...umm..odd I think:sick007

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Gives new meaning to BBS shave I guess...

5. geneaut

geneaut Member

I like the Dr. Bronner's regular soaps ( the tea tree castille diluted 50/50 with water is great in the shower ).

However i read a review of the shave gels that likened the product to human mucus. At that point I decided I have enough other creams and soaps to keep me busy.

6. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

I have a couple shave gels and dont care for them. i like lather. but we do have dr. bonner soaps in the house.

7. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

I think you folks have it wrong--I think its shaving gel made from organic babies.

8. TonyO

TonyO New Member

The baby shaving gel is wrong.

Anybody try lathering the regular liquid castile soaps? I have the eucalyptus and peppermint varieties (the peppermint will really wake you up)... I'll give it a try in a bit, see if it lathers at all. Maybe combined with a marseilles olive oil soap (a la da' cube)?

9. JimR

JimR Active Member

You guys are so ethnocentric! Obviously, there are those who feel that shaving babies is perfectly acceptable. For example, the Hay-ri Barstidge people of north-central Wahoolistan ritually shave their babies every time the tide goes out.

Otherwise they couldn't tell where to stick the bottle.

10. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

:happy102

11. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

To say nothing of mucous...

12. geneaut

geneaut Member

True. I have natural supply of all the mucous shave gel I could ever need :)

13. TonyO

TonyO New Member

Made me spew coffee...:laugh042