Permission to come aboard?

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Jeltz, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

Hello I'm from the Southern England and have been lurking around your fine forum for a bit so I thought it about time I registered.

I started DE shaving about 8 weeks ago and have already amassed enough kit to have Mrs Jeltz complain about the amount of "stuff" in the bathroom cabinet :ashamed001

My kit includes

Feather Popular razor
    Edwin Jagger DE 89

Crabtree and Evelyn 'Nomad' Soap
    "Mr Taylors" Shaving cream
    Palmolive stick and cream
    Boots Soap and ASB

Numerous AS/EDT I've been given over the years.

A whole bunch of blades I'm working my way through so far my preferred ones are Treet Black Beauties, Feathers and Gillette 7 o'clock yellows.

All the best

Nic

2. ek.310

ek.310 New Member

wow!..sounds like you got some great advice before you started!

Enjoy the shaves and our forums!...:happy108

ek.310

3. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

Welcome to TSD! :)

James.

4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Welcome to TSD!
    The list you gave isn't that big, your wife will be lucky if you can control yourself to keep the collection that small.

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Even though you are not quite a newbie to wet shaving, be sure to sign up for the March Newbie Give-Away for a chance to win some great shave gear. Because after all, free is good!

6. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome guys

Ooop sorry missed off Wars shaving cream, Vulfix 2235 Super Badger Brush, Vulfix 404 Boar brush and a wilkinson sword brush (boar) which I bough years ago and recently found. Oh and a block of Alum.... I think that's it for the moment.

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Welcome, sir! :)

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It's ok, you don't have to hide any of your gear from us. :laugh042

:signs046

9. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome!

10. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Permission granted, Nic :D

Welcome to The Shave Den :signs046

I see that you already got some nice stuff there!

Enjoy your stay here :happy088

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Welcome to The Shave Den, mate!

12. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

Thanks all

13. crackstar

Tell me, my friend--is it difficult to find the Erasmic shaving soap bowls in the UK now?

14. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

Its reasonably easy, I have found them in a couple of independent chemists.

The large chains do not stock them. I understand that there was a change in the formula of the sticks, the new ones don't contain tallow, but I don't know if that's the same with the bowls.

15. crackstar

Ah, the bowls are glycerine based. Such a beautiful scent, and wonderful lather, with a great post-shave feeling. I have still 2 tallow sticks!

16. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

OK well with a recommendation like that I'll make sure to pick one up next time I see one. Despite being really cheap the Boots soap is my top latherer.

17. crackstar

I know the Boots soap also. It smells good, and lathers good, but I think I prefer the Erasmic soap. I remember the Boots Cool Cologne cream, but I did not like it so much.

18. JimR

JimR Active Member

Welcome to the Den! You might want to prepare Mrs. Jeltz...it only gets worse!

19. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

Well I've just picked up an Erasmic bowl, and I'll give it a go tomorrow. I've had a sniff though and it reminds me of my grandfathers bathroom. :D