Basic b/r stand

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by newman, Mar 12, 2010.

1. newman

newman Member

Well here's my nothing special, basic brush and razor stand. Made it today, just cut a strip of metal the size i wanted, just kindof eyeballed it. Made some bends to make the stand and then drilled the holes where i wanted everything. Then smoothed the edges and everything down and painted. Just realized now that i should have rounded the corners but overall it does its job and i think it looks good.

Attached Files:

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. TonyO

TonyO New Member

Looks good with that amber bowl. I've often thought I'd like to simplify with just one brush, just one razor, but, umm, I have no self-control.

Nice color combination there too. I think you have a winner!

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Very nice. Round the corners and I think you could sell a few around here (if you want to and if you want to sell more than a couple you'd need to take on vendor status so I don't blame you if you don't). Much nicer than the cheap plastic stands that are most common. I'm still keeping my razors in a toothbrush holder and my brushes sit on the counter without a stand. Be careful or you'll inspire me to do something nicer looking.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Looks great!

5. newman

newman Member

Thanks for the compliments and hopefully a few others will be inspired.

ChemErik - I dont think i'd sell them as they're not perfect or anything.

Here's an update... rounded out the corners today, looks much better I think...

Attached Files:

6. ek.310

ek.310 New Member

yes amber bowl makes your bland holder..into a unique one!..good job! :D

7. newman

newman Member

My bowl seems to be a big hit for something i just found in the kitchen lol but i guess those are the best kinds, the ones u just find laying around.

8. roboboticus

roboboticus New Member

Very nice. I second that comment about color coordination. White (cream?) brush, black stand, amber bowl, silver razor—NICE!

9. tking308

tking308 New Member

Simple and looks like it's working. Great job.

10. geogaga

geogaga Member

Great job! Like handmades :)

11. RnR

RnR Member

Great initiative and execution!! Now, consider a larger hole for the razor, and pop a large rubber grommet in it - so you've got some wiggle room for the handle and it won't damage the finish over the long haul...

:happy088

12. newman

newman Member

I've thought about a larger hole, it is a bit small and need to be careful ... but never thought of a rubber grommet ... ill see what i can find if anything

13. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Nice and functional; have you tried to make a stand out of lucite? I am not sure what is used now but we used to use either to glue the pieces together. Also, has anyone seen one made from deer antlers?

14. mycarver

mycarver New Member

Some hardware stores carry grommets in the specialty drawers. Sometimes they're used to protect electrical wires if they pass throught plate steel or boxes. You can also look where computer stuff is sold to protect those wires where they go throught counter tops, desks etc.
    If you find rubber instead of the molded plastic you may be able to split it, use a bit of contact/ rubber cement and have a lining from the edge to around the back.
    They come in a variety of sizes and just may work.
    Sign companies also carry a protective edge covering but I'm not sure it would make this tight of a radius. The split grommet may be your best answer.

15. Batness

Batness New Member

Don't know why you wouldn't consider selling them; who needs perfection. Plus they look great!

16. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

You can also get tool dip. They make a plastic stuff that you can re-coat the handles of your pliers or whatever really, and you could paint that on the offending parts, just have to plan for the extra size on the inside diameters to keep from making it too small, which would apply to the grommets too.

17. mike72

mike72 Member

Pretty cool dude

18. Heavy

Heavy New Member

I think it looks amazing and classy

19. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Very pro job, nice thinking there.:)