What you might not know about The Shave Den

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dridecker, Apr 22, 2010.

1. aubug

aubug Member

Thanks again Sparky and the Queen. I return to the store not only because it helps support the Forum but that the products are excellent. Kudos

2. sffone

sffone Member

Thanks to Sparky and the Queen, and to Bill for letting us know about them.

3. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Jo and Spark (and the rest of the Mod team, except for me) are awesome and the most dedicated group of people I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

But all of us together, members, Mods and Admins, are what makes TSD what it is! :cool:

Thanks to all!!!

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

True. But don't sell yourself short, Jason. You're easily included in that group of "awesome and the most dedicated" folks, as well!!

5. Snakewall

Snakewall New Member

this place is the best. thanks for keeping it up and running.

JoAnna thanks for TSD products. i got my victorian rose shaving cream a few days ago and it smells absolutely GREAT!!! it smells just like real roses which is so nice. i love all flowers and don't give a rats ass if people think it smells feminine ahahhaha. i will be ordering more creams and aftershaves soon.

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I want to join in on the kudos to the entire TSD staff, those in the limelight all the time and the lesser seen members, as well. You all make it a very welcoming and easy to use place that has helped me to keep from slicing my own head off every morning.

You all rock! ::git

You are appreciated. :happy005

7. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Thanks Steve!

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Queen and the Spark are 2 of the nicest people I ever had the honor to get to know--they are precious.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oooooppssss, I must to not forget Bill, who is a saint of a man as well. ;)

10. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I value this forum, and am glad to think that the purchases I have made from the Shave Den Store helped to support it.

Thanks for the reminder about the cash donation button, though. It's good to be able to support the forum even if I choose to buy stuff elsewhere.

11. red71veloce

red71veloce Member

Sorry I'm so late to the party....too busy. Thanks to JoAnna and Sparky. It is amazing that they spend the time to make this successful. I really don't know how they do it...I find it hard to get the time to even post! And the fact that JoAnna single-handedly manages the TSD store.....unbelievable.

Long live the Queen......Sparky.....and the rest of the team.

Tracy

12. ROCKET56

ROCKET56 New Member

Hi Guys ,I have been a member f this forum for a few years now and
    really enjoy it.I come in from a long day at work and relax and unwind reading this forum.I know all of the hard work that goes into it .I would like you to know how much I value this forum . I do believe you should make a provision for donations.Another site has done this and everyone is fine with it .If you adopt this idea I would like to be the first to make a donation.Thanks to Jo Anna and Sparky for all of there hard work.
    Cheers Rocket

13. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Just found this and must say, it's about time!

Sparky, this place always feels like home. Thank you!
    JoAnna, you embody the spirit of pay it forward! Thank you! (and you ROCK!)
    Thanks, Bill for spreading the good word! (and being a mighty, mighty PIFer yourself)!
    Thank you, all!

Okay everybody, Group Hug! :ashamed001

14. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Thanks Sparky and Thanks Joanna. Many have already commented about your efforts.

I want to let the guys know that Joanna's shaving products are tops! I have bought shave creams and EDTs from her not just to support TSD but because they are top notch and help me get a BBS most every day.

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    As mentioned previously, monetary donations can be made through the store, here. They don't carry any type of public acknowledgment however, and I know Sparky and myself don't feel handing out badges promotes the community setting we want. Members contribute to the community in so many ways, singling out those who can afford different monetary levels seems unfair to others.

16. ROCKET56

ROCKET56 New Member

Jo Anna ,You are taking the high road here.I have not seen a area in the store to donate .I will if it is there or not .I love what yall do .It is a homey feel.
    I have been wet shaving for 35 years and really started to enjoy it the last two.It gives me something to look forward to every morning.What a great way to start off the day. As always .
    Cheers Rocket

17. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

Sparky and the Queen rock

Issy

18. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Thank you Bill - I knew some of what you said in your post but I did not know all of it.

Sparky - THANK YOU for your dedication to all of us.

JoAnna - THANK YOU for your hard work and talent in your awesome soaps. I love the way you make me smell!

To all the Mods! Great job and I mean it I know what it is like to mod a forum and you guys ROCK!

To everybody else - thank you for making this a welcome place to be. I have learned much from all of you and for many of you I can't wait to see what you have to say everyday.

:thanks

19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Donate here.

20. geneaut

geneaut Member

Made an order last night. Now that I know that orders help keep things working around I'll be making regular purchases.

Bought my dad some Old Spice type soap. If he likes it I'll reorder more :)

Now to get my brother hooked.