Preferred Aftershave???

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by revtriplep, May 13, 2010.

1. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

Favorite Aftershave...

I love Original Green Skinbracer, Aquavelva, Walgreen's Bay Rum, and even just drugstore witchazel with the 14% alcohol. However, as I'm being drawn more and more towards the philosophy of "Less Is More", I'm going to try an ice water splash the next time I shave.

2. texbilly

texbilly New Member

Alt Innsbruk, Tuff Herbal, Speick

3. rrp1501

rrp1501 New Member

La Toja A/S very cooling and it's scent doesn't stay around and fill a room when you walk into it. But up close it's scent can last all day!

4. mvpro

mvpro New Member

Although I haven't yet tried all the scents, I think the Master Well Comb line of AS is really great. They don't seem to get too many mentions, but definitely worth trying out.

5. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

More or less in this order, because of the scent and the effect on the skin:

TOBS Sandalwood AS
    TOBS Shave Shop AS
    AV Ice Blue
    AV Musk

I have discovered that the AS's containing glycerin or propelyn glycol have the best effect on skin. I like Pinaud Bay Rum, too, but need an ASB after it because it contains neither of these moisturizing chemicals.

P.S. Ivy Club's Classic (green) is also excellent.

6. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Pinaud Clubman, Old Spice, and Royall Lyme anchor my scent collection.

7. rafikz

rafikz Member

Malizia Uomo Vetyver ASB

Sanex Fresh ASB

Nivea Sensitive ASB

Aqua Velva Ice Balm ASB

8. JohnDee

JohnDee New Member

Splashes:
    Italian Floid, Spanish Floid Vigoroso, Alt-Innsbruck, D.R. Harris Arlington, D.R. Harris Marlborough.

Balms:
    TOBS Jermyn Street and Edwin Jagger Sandalwood.

Best of the aftershave listed above scent/performance wise:
    Italian Floid and TOBS Jermyn Street

9. pfbarney

pfbarney New Member

Easy Choice

My AS collection is not very extensive, mostly Clubman scents, but of what I have I prefer the Pinaud. It just smells the way a man ought to in my opinion. I'm waiting for someone to post that the Veg is their favorite.:sick007

10. Stefano

Stefano New Member

Floid forever

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Essattamente!

12. Stefano

Stefano New Member

Only one "s"...

13. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

New [01-06, 09:24] greenhorn for splashes I like Ogallala limes and peppercorns
    New [01-06, 09:23] greenhorn I only have few but for balms I like Trumpers skinfood followed by proraso

14. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Tough one; don't think I can choose, but if pressed I'd have to say TSD Iced Minted Sage...

...or maybe Speick, or AV, or Floid, or, um, yeah, I can't decide!

:think002 :scared011

15. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Clubmans Bay Rum, Old Spice Sport, Mennen Classic Skin Bracer, AV Original, Proraso Splash, Florida Water, Lilac Vegetal, Booster Bay Rum, Booster Lime...
    Haven't found one yet that wasnt my favorite

Wait, don't like AV Musk.

16. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Favorite is a pretty strong word. I find myself often reaching for English Leather. Then again Speick gets good use. And so does Aubrey North Woods. L'Occitane Cade is nice too. Provence Sante Green Tea works.

Depends on the shave and the mood, but those are the ones I turn to most often.

17. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

My preference is AV Classic Ice Blue followed by AV Musk. Day after day, year after year, it brings the right stuff to the finishing touch of my shave.

18. AxelH

AxelH New Member

Of the ones I have, none of which are expensive, I'd say "Aubrey Organics: Men's Stock: North Woods" is my favorite (but most hated to say the full name of). It is also a skin tonic with the witch hazel and has a fantastic, fresh coniferous forest scent. I just wish the scent had more staying power.

19. faster_than_u

faster_than_u Member

AV Ice blue after all there is something about an Aqua Velva man.

20. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

Is AV widely available in Japan?