Cologne in plastic bottles

Discussion in 'Scents' started by ztirf1953, May 14, 2010.

1. ztirf1953

ztirf1953 Active Member

I'm wondering if any of you have put your cologne in a small plastic spray bottle like the traveler's size that you can find in Target?

I'm wondering if the cologne is diluted by being in a plastic bottle instead of a glass container.

Thanks!

2. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

not sure if it dilutes it, but i know that it can turn the cologne, especially if it gets into direct sunlight.

3. geneaut

geneaut Member

I do it in the small plastic containers I'm sure I will use fast enough that I don't have to worry about it 'turning'. Though I do admit it has always been with the slightly less expensive 'drugstore' scents I own ... I'm not sure I'd try it with Creed.

I have a small bottle of decanted Clubman, and a small bottle of decanted Florida Water at my desk at work for cologne emergencies. I've never noticed in drop-off in their scent.

4. mycarver

mycarver New Member

Cheap as it is,, I've been buying up all the drugstore glass containers when I see them. Silly I know but I can't help myself.
    Yes I do use the small "travel" bottles. got a set of three, a pump for lotion, a spray and a flip top. three to a pack and I have to say they're really nicely made for a buck for all three.
    I mix up my 'witches brew" as I call it for the flip top. Witch hazel, with vit. A,E and a bit of Aloe thrown in for good measure. Works great.

5. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

I have put some in the plastic bottles. But I keep them in a small shave cabinet so they do not get into direct sun light.

The TSD colognes and EDTs I have are in translucent glass bottles.

So far I have not seen any degradation of the scent when I put some of the stuff in the plastic bottles.

6. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Done that for years.

Works well when you have an aftershave that will work as a cologne. Unfortunately most I've used over the years have scents that fade quickly.

I've read and been told several times that anything with alcohol should not be used on the face. This is why I always used my aftershaves as colgnes in a spray bottle. Recently though I've started using aftershaves on the face and given up the spray bottles.

7. I'm not sure if the tiny glass atomizer bottles are approved for airflight travel, but Dollar Tree used to sell small, refillable atomizer bottles, in which the inside bottle was glass, and the outside tube was aluminum. Came in every color imaginable. I've purchased at least 10, and use one when traveling, although I prefer to 'load' the cologne/aftershave on my hands before applying it onto my face/neck.

8. mycarver

mycarver New Member

I didn't see the glass bottles but I did find a surprisingly nice set of 3 plastic bottles guessing at 2 oz. ea.. Perfectly clear and that thicker , harder type plastic that looks almost like glass. One bottle is a pump, the other a spray atomizer and the third is a flip top. Would be perfect for traveling.
    I use them to "decant" lotions , witch hazel etc. to keep in the bathroom instead of taking up cab. space with large bottles. A buck for three,, can't go too far wrong so I bought several sets. Always seems that when you go back to get more,, they're gone.

9. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

I carry my aftershave in an old travel size shampoo bottle and I've never noticed it fading or turning. I genrerally just fill the bottle and use it til it's empty so the product may sit for a couple of months to a year. Over the years I've carried Proraso a/s splash, Pinaud Clubman and Booster Bay Bum in that bottle. These days it's Draggon Noir. They've all been o k.

goshawk

10. sffone

sffone Member

I've used them for years and have had no problems. However, they've never been subjected to much light. They're always kept in an enclosed area of some sort, whether it's a travel bag or a bathroom medicine cabinet.