The $9.00 Shea Moisture Shave : Ultimate Shave Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Dridecker, May 16, 2010.

1. kurtb2080

kurtb2080 New Member

Hmmmm...Bout 45 min away, is it worth the dirve? :confused:

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Say the word and I'll pick one up for ya. I'll be out near there tomorrow for a haircut.

3. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

I have read that you can get it from the Shea Moisture website for 12 bucks including shipping

4. NUMCKS

NUMCKS Well-Known Member

That's how I got mine. Less than 2 bucks shipping and arrived in 2 days. Hardly seems worth the wild goose/Target chase...

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Agreed...but I am too lazy to fill out their shipping and payment form!

6. kurtb2080

kurtb2080 New Member

PM sent. ;)

7. kurtb2080

kurtb2080 New Member

Thank you again for picking me one up! I'm in love with this brush! Lathers so quickly compared to my Omega boar! As you guys mentioned, a little pokey on the face but is much softer than what I'm used to! :D

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I stopped by my Target and there are 12 in stock. If anyone wants one I can pick you up one for no profit, just cover taxes and fees etc, should be ~$12 if shipped to US addresses. If you are out of the US, let me know and I can let you know what shipping is after sending and we'll make up the difference.

9. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Thanks to my son, I received my brush today. Wow! What a difference from a boar bristle brush! Much softer and loads a ton of lather! Thanks Bob! I Love ya son!!

10. battle.munky

Hell, if thats all it took I'da gotcha one years ago! You know I'm kiddin' Dad, I love you too! I'm glad you like it, it'll even break in a tiny bit too and the tips will soften up a iddy bit and be less scritchy after a month or so.

11. Goodknightbri

Goodknightbri New Member

Yes, Target carries this brush now and a tub of Shea brand shave cream. I'd say for the price it's better than the CVS model or a tweezerman.

12. The brush is great, but stay away from the cream. It (ironically for something marketed next to a brush) doesn't lather, clogs drains, and smells awful.

13. Goodknightbri

Goodknightbri New Member

thanks for the advice! LOL sounds awful.

14. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

What is even harder to understand it Wally World carries the cream, balm, and bump fighter, but no brush...

Furthermore, and I ask this question because I am too lazy to look it up..why is it called African black soap? Or is that a misnomer? Is it made in Africa? But yet it is not black, it is yellow...

15. saturnine

saturnine Member

For what it's worth, I found one at a Target in Austin TX.

8601 Research Boulevard
    Austin, Texas 78758
    (512) 837-5163

As I was walking down the shave aisle I saw the cream & the spot for the brush but no brushes. I was annoyed since this was the 2nd Target I visited. As I reached the shelf the bugger had fallen flat & was the last one waiting just for me.

I must say, since I have become aware that traditional shaving yields a better shave (in theory, I have not yet tested this conjecture) it is rather disheartening walking through the shave isle of any store & finding virtually no supplies for such a shave. I cannot wait to cram my fusion up Gillette's rear & see how they like their ingrown hairs.

Thank you, gentlemen, for the recommendation. Brush completed; next: razor & soap.

16. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

First off, Welcome to The Shave Den saturnine! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

While its not required, how about you hop over to the Newbies Section and give yourself a proper introduction thread, I'm sure you'll receive many warm welcomes from the friendly folks of this community.

17. wildbill51

wildbill51 Member

Sideways I hope - show no mercy :happy023

18. neanderthal

neanderthal Member

I ordered one from the website the other day (its still in transit), bought and shipped for...

Sub Total $ 9.99
    Tax $ 0.00
    Shipping & Handling Costs (UPS Ground) $ 7.50
    Total
    $ 17.49

19. NUMCKS

NUMCKS Well-Known Member

Wow, they really upped the shipping. When I ordered mine a couple of months ago, the shipping was only $1.69 for UPS ground. I would not enjoy paying $7.50 shipping for this item.

20. battle.munky

Because it isn't worth it or because you know it can be had for $12ish? I personally think that for <$20 it is still a good brush. I'm cheap too.:D