The $9.00 Shea Moisture Shave : Ultimate Shave Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Dridecker, May 16, 2010.

1. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

7.50 for shipping that's a ripoff. its a nice brush but just on principle I would not pay that much for shipping. for that price you might as well spend 10 more dollars and get an omega.

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:sihns011 I gotta agree with Bob here, and while I don't doubt that NUMCKS received it for only $1.69 shipping, I can't help but think there was a mistake made at that price for UPS ground.

3. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Neanderthal can afford it...he's been pounding out the overtime lately!

Money whore.

4. NUMCKS

NUMCKS Well-Known Member

Because other fine members here have kindly offered better deals on these brushes they have obtained via purchase at their local Target.

While the Shea is a decent brush, especially in the $10 range, if I had $20 to spend on a brush, I'd probably go for a Franks Shaving Finest badger available on eBay, which to me are better than the Shea, or a Semogue 1438 or 1470 or a decent Omega Boar (several to choose from at that price level).

5. RzB

RzB Member

Took me three Targets in the southern suburbs of Denver before I found a stash of brushes. Bought one and debated buying another so I would have one for my travel kit but decided against it. After using it this morning, and loving it, I decided I need to go back and get another one.

If you are having trouble finding a Target that carries it, you need to "target" your search if you live in a community that has several Targets. SheaMoisture is brand developed for multicultural skin types. The link is here. So if you visit a Target in an area that is not very diverse multiculturaly, you probably won't find the SheaMoisture shaving brush.

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

That is a very PC way to word your statement Sir.

Now go back and buy up all of the brushes they have before Shavepocalypse hits! :D

7. saturnine

saturnine Member

How many brushes do you estimate would be necessary to survive such a catastrophe?

8. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

All of them. :)

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

:sihns011

10. saturnine

saturnine Member

Now that was a true LOL moment.

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

That exact thought flashed through my mind even as I was scrolling down to the next post - yours! :happy102 Too funny.

12. saturnine

saturnine Member

Back to the topic at hand - When you speak of loft, this is in relation to the length of bristles external to the handle, correct? In my limited experience, I believe I would rather have shorter &/or stiffer bristles for better exfoliation than what this Shea brush is providing. Perhaps a Boar is in order? Or is there a inexpensive Badger one may recommend w/a shorter loft?

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yes, that is loft.

If you are looking for recommendations on a brush, a separate thread is probably a better idea.

14. Bruceonshaving

Bruceonshaving New Member

I am one of the few people in the UK with one of these brushes. They aren't sold here and aren't available mail order.
    It is an interesting brush and I am waiting for a Tweezerman and a LiJun to arrive to compare all 3 of them with my other budget brushes.

15. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

just went to the nearest and only target around...ain't got it! Then I went on the target website, and they have the whole shea moisture line listed, except the brush. Sounds fishy. I'm going to try and get one from the company site I guess. Looking forward to my first badger

EDIT: $8.64 shipping on a $9 item? An item that probably weighs in around 2 oz? Yeah that's a big pass...

16. emar

emar New Member

I just checked Target.com and they don't have this item listed anymore. They only have Col. Conk products.

17. RoadRunner

RoadRunner New Member

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering if maybe Target didn't have them at all now - no mention anywhere on Target site except for their online only shaving kit. I tried one Friday, it had a half dozen brushes in the men's shaving aisle.

18. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

I could not find this brush at any Targets in Columbus Ohio about 6 months ago.. went into Target (easton) this past weekend and they had completely reset the shaving aisle and they have a small Shea section which included a row of these brushes. I already had one I had been using I got from a member here and think at twice the $9 price you could do much worse. I face lather both creams and soaps and have no problems.

19. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

They work well, just a bit too floppy for my tastes. They don't seem to be as scritchy as other pure brushes I've tried.

20. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Ok, I just wanted to sing the praises of this brush after using it at least once or twice a week for the last year. It still rocks and is one of those items that makes me wish I had more face so I could use it more. It is hard to replace the brushes I have that it has to compete with but dollar for dollar, it is a contender.

Anyone else still using theirs regularly?