Aqua Velva

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by rick, Feb 6, 2007.

1. harry

harry New Member

Im going to have to try to after just reading all the thread :rolleyes:
    Its to cheap not to .

2. I bought some AV today. I'm still shaving with an M3 and Barbasol (should be rectified by this time next week). I shaved tonight and then splashed on some AV and nearly had a religious experience :eek:! I have been using Curve after shave for some time and got a little alcohol burn here and there. NOT TONIGHT! It was a warmth followed by an avalanche of coolness. HOOOWEEE! My face still feels different. I guess that's the AV "Toning and Firming" that it states on the bottle. I'm hooked!:D

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

AV is great..........as a bug and tar remover. But real bug and tar remover smells better. :sick007

4. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

There goes Michael/Ferg, crapping all over AV in another AV enthusiast thread. :rolleyes:

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

It's a dirty job, but............... :rolleyes005

6. I like my velva works better than antibiotics !!

7. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

I have to admit that I would never have even thought to buy a bottle of Aqua Velva until I read this thread, as I have never used it before.

My curiosity was piqued, and I do love old school things, so I picked up a bottle last night.

I look forward to trying it after my next shave. Perhaps there really is "something about an Aqua Velva Man."

8. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

Well, I just tried Aqua Velva for the very first time, today. Overall, not bad. I'm a fan. This will, definitely, be in my rotation.:happy088

9. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I have a Code Blue over here! Straight Jacket and a Butterfly Net STAT!

10. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Your numbers are dwindling SM......in case you havent noticed ;)
    and
    HAVOC
    continues to grow !!!!!!

GO VELVA

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

In the immortal words of John Paul Jones, while fighting against superior odds commanding the Bonhomme Richard, "I have not begun to fight."

12. whiskerlips

whiskerlips Member

I followed this up with AV Ice Balm yesteday. My skin felt incredible all day. Still not a huge fan of the scent, but it works well and makes the skin feel very healthy

13. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

Hey now, that's not nice. :D

I have to say that I used Aqua Velva for the second time, today, and I really am enjoying it.

14. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

I actually do enjoy the scent quite a bit.

15. Joe, where can i get some of that aqua velva cologne these days?

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Thats interesting because the cologne is in current production in Spain. If you look at Williams. es you can see the AV cologne, after and cream. I have the aftershave and cream and they are quite nice. The Spanish A/V has the same scent as the American but it seems to smell a little better, it lists more ingredients.The cream is a nice budget cream in a big metal tube . I emailed the company in Spain because I wanted to getthe cologne and some backups, including the unique 500 ml AV, but they emailed back saying the products could not be offered for sale in America. Perhaps a member based in Spain could buy and send some product they look like supermarket pickups. The cream was about $2 and the aftershave $6 for 200ml.

17. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

:sick013: Congrats on digging up a 3-4 year old thread! AV deserves a resurrection!

18. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

It was my choice when i was in school back to the 1980's
    I've bought it again last year to "remember" my youth.

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That is a current product??? Cool!

20. simmonds

simmonds Member

That's what I was thinking! I want some!