What is Your Favorite Shave Stick?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Medic_Coop, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I work nights, getting off around midnight and its still hot :rolleyes:

He ran out of the IM, butttttt theres more coming along with the AS finally!

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Speick - it is one of the few shaving sticks that won't cause my skin to react. It has a great smell and the Speick plant is supposed to have medicinal properties.

3. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

Irisch Moos shave stick. (It is the only shave stick I ever had). Nice, refreshing scent. I'm primarily a straight razor shaver but usually once or twice a week I like to ruff up a boar brush with the Moos stick and have a luxurious DE shave with a Merkur Slant.

4. rudyvey

rudyvey Member

I like (in no special order):
    Arko
    Irisch Moos
    Palmolive
    Speick
    Valobra

I also grated my Woods of Windsor and Tabac and pressed them into sticks, all are great performers.

5. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

My survey of shavesticks is far from complete but so far my top 3 are:
    1. Arko
    2. Speick
    3. Palmolive

Still to try:
    1. La Toja
    2. Irish Moos
    3. Erasmic

6. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

No.

The only formal shave stick I've used is Arko, and I'll join the fan club. Amazing lather seems to form before the brush even shows up; after several years of wetshaving, I'm actually surprised at how easy that soap produces championship lather. I've also converted some HBS soaps into shaving sticks, with very pleasant results.

7. faster_than_u

faster_than_u Member

So far I have only tried Palmolive and the vintage williams I made. I do love palm though.. Waiting to try speick and arko.

8. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

For the price, Arko is hard to beat. A while back, someone had a special of 15 sticks for $15. I had to hop on it. It lathers like a champ and the scent seems to mellow with age.

I like the German Palmolive. I didn't care much for it first, but it grew on me and I have been using it more and more. The Valobra stick is real nice too.

I would like to try some others, but I have about a decade worth of soaps to go through before buying any more.

9. Medic_Coop

Medic_Coop New Member

There is a deal similar to this for $17.99 for 15 Arko sticks I just purchased from the largest online shopping mall. I have fallen in love with Arko and love the scent! It smells addicting to me. YMMV.

10. nav

nav Well-Known Member

I have used Palmolive, Arko, QED, La Toja, Speick, and a few other DIY sticks.

Out of all these, Speick is easily my favourite and hence the only stick in my rotation. I love the way the lather is so thick and creamy and yet still allows the blade to cut close [unlike creams which are thick but don't cut close enough for me].

I like the Speick scent, probably my favourite out of all my soaps. I like the ingredients which leave the skin looking and feeling great. I also love to follow it up with the Speick splash for a perfect finish.

I find I need to use my 2 band finest which has good backbone for the Speick stick whereas I use a super badger fan with much less backbone (but oh so luxurious) for my pucks.

11. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

I have the same high regards for Speick. It's my number one item!!! Love the scent, love the skincare, love the lather. It's perfect!

And the Speick Splash makes for a perfect finish!! When I want to pamper myself, I go for the Speick soap and Speick Splash!!

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tibi, I agree with you. Speick is so good! :)

13. RB73

RB73 New Member

Valobra and Speick are neck and neck, followed by Palmolive