carpal tunnel razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by sparky5693, Aug 12, 2007.

1. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Having carpal tunnel severely limits which razors I can comfortably use. A 40's superspeed seems to shave the best for me, but than thin handle is super uncomfortable. I've used just about everything gillette makes, and if it was comfortable to hold, it didn't shave well for me. I've been using a merkur HD for sometime with great results. It's a really nice razor, and I think I could shave with that thicker handle all day without the numbness returning. Saturday I got my first Merkur Futur (thanks Joe), and I finally have another razor that shaves well, and is comfortable to hold.

I guess I really will have to try a vision now.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Have you tried an injector?

The design alone may help with CT.

Or shaving with a brace on.

3. sparky5693

Administrator
    My carpal tunnel isn't to the point of being painful. I just get numb hands, which makes shaving a big interesting, lol.

I have used an injector, and they work fine, but they just aren't any fun to use, and make me feel like i'm using a cartridge razor again.

4. Will

Will Nevermind

I think injectors are fun.

ohhhhhhhh who am I kidding, get every friken razor you can, see what one works. :rofl

How bout a straight? wait that may make it worse.

5. sparky5693

Administrator
    Actually, that isn't too far from what i've done.

6. Will

Will Nevermind

That is why it is good advice. ;)

7. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Wow didnt know you had that bro that SUX !

as a Pianist student with 5 heavy training years I offcourse am fully aware of CTS read alot about it. im even surprised I didnt get it with the heavy piano keys ive been hammering and the long study hours.

what is actually causing the problem to shave ? and why isnt the syndrome gone yet ? you must have been typing for YEARS in a bad position behind your keyboard ! :mad:

if you identify what is making the shave uncomfortable then go from there you said its the Gillettes that are most of uncomfy well thats perhaps becase the handle is too short.

if you want a longer handle shaver id advice Merkur Long handle, Parker R22 or R95 and or the Plasticy Feather razor.

8. sparky5693

Administrator
    Actually, it doesn't come from a keyboard. I picked it up from carrying stuff over my shoulder at work. It isn't to the point of being painful, I just lose feeling in my hands.... kinda like it went to sleep.

I'm still not sure if it's the angle a razor uses, or the diameter of the handle that messes me up, but the more I experiment, the more I think it's diameter. Handle length seems to not change things, course i'm always looking for an excuse to try out another razor :)

Doc says surgery will fix it, but i'm just not ready for that yet.

9. SSLSTudio...

I would listen to ya Doc. its just a minor thing for them compared to a heart operation you should be ok and Ill spare you the horror stories cuz I want you to go fix it so you try out all the good razors out there not just the one that will work with ya CTS.

10. sparky5693

Administrator
    It's tempting rene, but I can't handle being off work for the recovery period. Too many bills to pay.

11. SSLSTudio...

I knew USA sucked with medical Care but I didnt know it was that bad !
    I have heard the horror stories and today heard from a buddy in Oklahoma he still has to pay bills for his MRI ? Im like MRI my health insurance would pick up that bill not me.

I dont have a cheap insurance but for $2480 (expensive dentist module since I know I need heavy orthodontic treatment) roughly I pay a year im covered for most any medical need all over the world not just here in Holland so I dont need an extra holiday insurance not sure ill have the same cool insurance next year people abused the system here since we recently changed it this is the TOP level module of insurance you have lower and middle options aswell with TOP they dont ask questions ! so then some idiots go about and buy 4 new glasses a year and get it refund yeah well the insurance gets bankrupted like that fast !

sorry to hear your in a position like that. here it would be you would take sick leave from work the 1st day you get zero paid by the boss its our own bill but then the following days we get paid nonetheless im not sure if its 100% we get paid or little below that but the bosses simply pay here your on sick leave we call it here and you can be sick here for about 6-12 months in the meantime people could stop by your house to check if your really sick and not sun bathing in the back of your garden.

maybe start saving some money bro like put away $100 or $50 every month for when you decide to take up the operation.. do it a year thats $1200 /600 already

12. sparky5693

Administrator
    We do have a system here where we get paid for our time off, but it pays a good deal less than normal. Between the forum costs, and my buying my first home, I just don't have that kinda room at the moment. Most of us average joe's in the usa wouldn't survive being out of work for that kinda extended time.

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Bobby, that's one thing I really feel bad for my friends in the States for. The doctors look at a patient, and they see $$$$. Hell, I once got a couple of grains of sand in my eye on a golf course in Fort Lauderdale, and the resulting visit cost me, yes, 115,00$. I swear, I wanted to bash the doctor's face in. :mad: :angry021:angry021:angry021:angry021:angry021 Was I ever fuming.

14. sparky5693

Administrator
    I love my country, but many doctors here are in it for the money.

15. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

16. sparky5693

Administrator
    That's a razor I had completely forgotten about, and it certainly has a stout handle. +1 to the must buy list.

Kinda sad we've dropped to 42nd. It seems we don't think about those things until we are near the end of our days, course then its too late.