Speick stick.. This stuff is crazy good!!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by MikekiM, Sep 27, 2010.

1. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

I got a stick as part of the purchase of a Feather AC...

I ended up transferring it to a twist up stick deodorant container, but regardless, this stuff just explodes in a lather! I have to remind myself to use it sparingly as only a thin application is needed.

And I just love how there is a residual film left after each pass.. just feels awesome!

That is all...

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yes, Speick is very nice. The cream and the aftershave splash are equally as wonderful.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Love the soap, hate the stick. Just too messy for me.
    I grated it up and pressed it into a bowl.

4. MikekiM

Interesting...

I find the stick just so simple to live with. Once it was moved to the twist up container and it wasn't so slippery to work with, I started to really enjoy it.

I have a puck of MWF coming.. wonder if that can be dispensed like a stick as well?

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I like the Speick stick. If you haven't tried it yet, grab a stick of Valobra next time you place an order somewhere. It's a nice lightly almond scented Italian stick that builds nice lather.

6. MikekiM

Dale, thanks.. I love the smell of P.160 so the Valobra is right up my alley!!

7. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Speick cream, soap and cologne are really inexpensive but quality products.

8. Schnitter

Schnitter Member

Agree. Speick Products are a "must have" for me.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Same with me--I love Speick. :)

10. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I love the Speick Stick. Plan on grabbing the aftershave lotion in the future. The scent really is amazing.

11. Schnitter

Schnitter Member

Not only for shaving, i also use the "normal" soap bar for my hands. :D

Refreshing, gently to the skin and really a unique fresh scent.

12. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

Havent tried the stick but the cream is AWESOME!

13. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Mike, its a totally different almond, its more like musty run down hotel soap smell :happy102 Oddly enough I enjoy it though.

As far as Speick, this is just my opinion, the stick and bath soap are the only things that stand out as quality products.

The Speick stick is great for the money, I do notice it takes a little more water and longer to get started for me than my other sticks, but once it does get started its a good lather.

In the end though, my Valobra and Irisch Moos sticks are fighting it out for best shave stick, they're both very different yet both are in another league...

I still need to get around to a Harris or Tobs stick, maybe my next order :happy102

[​IMG]

Have you actually smelled the splash?

I'm only asking because to me it smells like Gin and Tonic, and not anything like the soaps.

14. MikekiM

Well, you haven't misdirected me yet!!

I have two other items I need to order so I'll add the Valobra to the list.. now to find a one-stop shopping site...

15. Sodapopjones

Haha, John at WCS is getting pretty close, I keep telling Phil he needs to get on with the Trumpers...

As far as the Valobra, its very old timey, solid and has some grit that just smooths up and softens your face unlike anything else.

16. swarden43

It's just me. I don't like face lathering.

17. Sodapopjones

[​IMG]

Courtesy of Paul

18. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I just received my first Speick Stick after reading many posts about it here on TSD. It's amazing stuff. It redefines "slick" and generates some very nice lather, especially for an old face latherer like me.

19. MikekiM

Once again, I failed to control my application this morning and over did it... I was knee deep in lather... :mad:

20. swarden43

:happy096

Well done!