Another travel brush holder.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Slivovitz, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Just another idea if you don't want to buy a special travel tube. This plastic bottle had basil in it. Shown here with my Vulfix badger, it's also big enough to hold my Omega or VdH boars. Flip the cap up and you've got four big shaker holes for ventilation. There is no lingering scent of basil, but other smells might be harder to eradicate.

Side issue, I was just on a 21 mile bike ride, enjoying some of our beautiful Connecticut scenery, and it occurred to me that I hadn't posted this picture as I had intended. This shaving stuff has become too much of an obsession. Seriously, it's very strange.

Attached Files:

2. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

I have been using pill bottles for my brushes when traveling. They are either much too big, or just a bit small, depending on the brush, but they work.

I like your idea.

I travel to Connecticut often. If I am very lucky, I force myself not to stop at Gentlemen's Best in Southington.

James

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Sweet! Thanks for sharing your epiphany!

4. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

wow.

epiphany - 5 dictionary results
    e·piph·a·ny   
    [ih-pif-uh-nee] Show IPA
    –noun, plural -nies.
    ( initial capital letter ) a Christian festival, observed on January 6, commemorating the manifestation of Christ to the gentiles in the persons of the Magi; Twelfth-day.
    an appearance or manifestation, esp. of a deity.
    a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.
    a literary work or section of a work presenting, usually symbolically, such a moment of revelation and insight.

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yeah, or an eureka moment. Are you poking fun at me, or trying to be the grammar police?

6. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

Neither. I am poking fun at me.:happy102

7. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I don't understand. Can you explain how that's poking fun at yourself?

8. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

I could, yes, but it would be cumbersome. It was one of those multiple wordplay remarks that either hits the target or misses.

Apparently, I missed.

To clarify, certainly no harm was intended. Humor was. In kind humor.

--james

9. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I see. Thanks for the attempt at clarification.

Back to the topic of this thread: Nice travel tube! :cool:

10. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

I am still looking for a tube just the right size for my Wee Scot. Most bottles are too big or too short.

11. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

How big is a wee scot compared to a milk churn? I sometimes travel with my milk churn in a pill bottle that fits it almost perfectly.

I am wondering now if that particular pill bottle type might be discontinued.

I also have a pill bottle that fits the Beaufort.
    That also seems to be the older style.

I hope you are successful in finding one

12. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

My Wee Scot about 2-5/8 inches tall and 7/8 inch diameter.

13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Slivovitz Rocks....I've been using a vitamin bottle, but this out rocks my pill bottle 10 fold...And with built-in ventilation already...I think this is an epiphany...Jeff's right, this is a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality of a better way to travel with a shaving brush....Works for me.

14. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

Sometimes pictures can make things clearer.

The pictures show my Milk Churn and Beaufort in Pill bottles that fit them.

I have had a few problems recently with larger brushes able to get only larger Pill bottles where the brush can slide up and down, bit I don't think that's so bad.

I wonder if you took these pics to your local pharmacy if the pharmacist might not just give you a handfull of pill jars? Try it.

Let us hear how it works out for you.

--james

15. jmollica

jmollica New Member

Great idea - now to empty a spice container!

What a great idea - thanks for sharing. I am on my way to the pantry now...