How did you find us?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by swarden43, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I was searching the internet using Google when I happened across a link The Den.

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Nudge...

3. Looking for shave soaps and lo and behold, Google brought me to TSD review links ....

4. chefjbs

chefjbs New Member

searching google for better ways to shave. And tada wet shave and the shave den.

nice to be here.

Joe

5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

My brother mentioned it and I checked you guys out.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ah cool--is he also a member?

7. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

I was hell bent NOT to waste another dime on the HIGH prices of mach 3 blades and googled double edge shaving. So, as I searched for a razor, I saw TSD site and the rest is, as they say, history.

8. diverken

diverken New Member

Found you through a Google Search and I'm glad I did :o

9. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

So are we! :)

10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I was surfing the web to find a cheaper way to buy blade cartridges, when I accidently stumbled upon that article by Corey Greenberg from the New York Times...I didn't know DE's and Injectors were still around. I learned to shave in the 60's, on both DEs and Injectors and had been lamenting there disapearance...

I immediatly checked out E-Bay...Just looking at those pictures was like a time-machine...I was very into it...I went down the street to a local Barber Depot here in Istanbul, and grabbed a Ming-Shi, and a pack of Perma-Sharp Supers, and within an the hour had a life-changing shave....Afterwards I Googled Ming-Shi and BAM, I'm on TSD and Bill and some cats are talking about Ming-Shi's, when Crackstar/Jeff shows up and things got hilarious...:)...After that TSD became my regular morning read...It was probably 6 months later I joined...

Naaaa just kidding....actually Like Shep, I get drunk one night and woke up here too, and been here ever since....Hey Shep, could it have been the same party...maybe someone spiked our drinks with Iced Sub-Zero...:)

11. rockrabbit

rockrabbit Member

I saw a Mantic video on Lifehacker.com and that led me to Google "Wet Shaving"

A number of Shaving Forum sites came up and I visited them all.

This one somehow felt right, with the people here being more friendly, more casual and not stuck up about wet shaving as some of the sites tended to be.

As TSD has grown, it's still kept that 'small, cozy' feeling!

12. BeardlessBloke

BeardlessBloke New Member

I got banned on B&B for no apparent reason :rolleyes:

13. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

so sorry we were not your first choice :rolleyes:

14. BeardlessBloke

BeardlessBloke New Member

You certainly are the better choice. My compliments to the people in charge of site maintenance :rolleyes:

15. true01

true01 Member

I did a search for a aftershave i was looking for and this site came up. I was not prepared for what was going to happen next.

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

or has yet to happen :signs136

17. brucered

brucered New Member

googling info on razors, you guys and B&B keep poping up. lurked for a while, joined and haven't look back.

18. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

I used to post on SRP and B&B. I was invited here by a fellow member and found a forum that seemed to be more about shaving than anything else, and seemed eager to include cartridge shavers in the mix. I liked that alot, so now I call this home.

goshawk

19. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I was googling for sites to help me date my collection of vintage Gillette razors, and Shave Den kept coming up. Lurked briefly at several forums, but stayed here.

20. ffhower

ffhower New Member

I was checking out Bullgoose shaving, clicked on the shaving forums and links area, and here I am. Joined the next day caused I figured I have a lot to learn so I dont tear up my face.