Simpson

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Gary Young, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Haha Gary, nice entrance I knew right away this was going to be fun and didn't pop in sooner....

I don't think you're going to find to much feedback regarding Simpson's around here, there are however a few people that do indeed enjoy them, mostly artisan work is admired here though.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Now, now, no need for that. When asked, Gary was willing and quick to fill those of us in that didn't know. He has been active on the other forums, from what my Google search turned up. Nothing horribly secretive there, but it would have been nice to start the relationship off with such info.

Either way, we now know. :)

3. Queen of Blades

Yep, most of our Simpson fans have left the building.

That's ok, we gots a Plisson Pusher now. :D

4. Gary Young

Gary Young New Member

Wasn't my intention to offend! Difficult to start off on a new forum without sounding like making 'an entrance' (if that makes sense)

5. Queen of Blades

No offense taken on my part. :)

6. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Eh, I think you get my drift.

With all due respect, making this sort of thread seems to have the same indirect effect.

That's just me.

I admire your family's work, by the way... greatly.

7. Gary Young

Gary Young New Member

Hey the Simpson moniker is droppable you know! I do use other brushes! And I am pretty keen on custom brushes as well! Have a love for wet shaving same as the rest of you so I feel like I am amongst friends!!!

8. Gary Young

Gary Young New Member

Thanks. I do understand. It's difficult not asking what the consensus is though when I have a 'vested interest' in the heritage.

Chance to start again? For the record, I have a great love for custom made brushes. When I look on forums like this and see 'one off' brushes that guys have made I truly think it's amazing. Handmade to me is 'heaven made'!

9. Queen of Blades

Love my custom!

[​IMG]

10. I just won the bidding on the Bay for a Simpsons Chubby 3 Manchurian (the phone rang, a voice said "Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire," and then I saw the Red Queen, and I just HAD to have that brush...). I'll post pictures once it arrives if anyone is interested.

(Just a little Manchurian Candidate reference there.)

11. Sodapopjones

See I bet even Gary uses a Plisson :happy001

12. Queen of Blades

I think we're going to need a picture of Gary's shave den. ;)

13. Sodapopjones

14. rudyvey

rudyvey Member

Thanks Gary, knowing this comment comes from you means a lot to me!

15. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Of the four brushes I own, two of them are Simpson brushes. And I've used a LOT of brushes over the years.

Welcome to TSD, Gary -- pleasure to have you on board! :cool:

16. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

I have several Simpson brushes in my rotation and love them all. I just acquired a Summerset Tulip 4 that should arrive in the mail today. I can hardly wait! :happy108

17. greyhawk

greyhawk New Member

Ah, so YOU'RE the one who beat me to that brush. Dang :)

I just got a new Pre-Vulfix 58 last week. I haven't yet been able to bring myself to get it wet.
    Stuart

18. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

Guilty as charged. :cool: I think you will really like the 58. Brushes were meant to be used...enjoy it.

19. Gary Young

Gary Young New Member

Phil

I agree, brushes are meant to be used and enjoyed. Yeah some can look like works of art but at the end of the day they are a practical item...which could be displayed in a gallery!!!:D

20. Even though I'm going to be using the new Manchurian, my two Rudy Veys won't lose their places in the rotation. They're truly fine brushes.