European supplies

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by ztirf1953, Mar 3, 2011.

1. ztirf1953

ztirf1953 Active Member

I will soon be traveling to Europe, Austria, Hungary and northern Italy (Venice and Florence).

I would love to pick up soaps/creams/aftershaves from the areas we are visiting.

Any suggestions?

Fritz:confused::confused::confused:

2. geogaga

geogaga Member

Proraso, Valobra

3. If you happen to Florence, you find it interesting a visit to the Ludovico Martelli (Proraso), which is Caldine, near Florence. You could buy products at reduced prices compared to stores ...

4. jacksam

jacksam New Member

Many choices you should have

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Acqua di Parma Colonia....I hear if you go to where they make it, its unbelievable...real old world operation just like when it started. Down to hand bottleing...And if you haven't tried it, you owe it to yourself, possibly the greatest colonia ever...YMMV

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

You can't find much in Austria but look out for Palmolive, Nivea and Tabac products. Don't forget SIR Irisch Moos. You can best find shaving stuff in Austria in stores called "Schlecker" "Bipa" and "dm". Supermarkets mostly only carry canned goo and 10-bladed monsters.

7. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

I'll second this...it is one of my favorites. Going to the factory would be an excellent field trip. I'm jealous!

8. ztirf1953

ztirf1953 Active Member

Best luck was buying Barbon shaving cream in Budapest. Great stuff. The store I bought it at didn't have the aftershave so now I have to find someone who sells it!

9. BeardlessBloke

BeardlessBloke New Member

I live in Austria and Müller carries the best of Tabac,Speick,Irisch Moos products.
    And this place.
    http://www.esbjerg.com/index.php
    It's got loads of stuff.A bit pricy though.
    I'm sorry I couldn't reply earlier.

10. napoleon

napoleon Member

Also there are some shaving brushes (which are too expensive).
    But tabac in a bowl is a must!