Help me spend my B-day $

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by dgamby, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hank

Hank Active Member

I think you did well :) happy shaving

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

It is very likely that the Super Speed you have will be all the razor you will ever need.

You did say earlier that you thought perhaps the SS was a bit mild for you. In a lot of cases this can be solved with a different blade, which is why blade samplers are a great idea.

However, if you run across an adjustable razor in your price range, it could open up some new doors for you in terms of putting some new variables in your experience.

3. mike72

mike72 Member

Jeff hit the nail on the head different blades give different results. I put a wilkinson in my black ss and got a decent shave and wilkies are good blades then I put in a blue bird in and got an awesome shave. Also the adjustable, if you have about 70 to spend get the merkur futur and load it up with a feather blade. let me recommend west coast shaving they have good prices and fast delivery.

4. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

Im checking my mailbox everyday for my trumper samplers as well, hopeing for the violet and fern

5. dgamby

dgamby Active Member

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes. I've decided that i'm going to stop after the brush and sample purchases and do something unthinkable...SAVE my money. At least for a few weeks until I see something I really want, like maybe an EJ89L!

Thanks again, it's been fun!

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Self restraint what is this? Saving money when shaving this is a first.:happy102
    Hope your samplers serve you well and narrow down what works for you.

7. dgamby

dgamby Active Member

Yeah self-restraint has never been my strong suit. I think I'm probably going to cave way sooner than I expect to.

Also...my brush and T&H samples arrived today!!!!! I was going to take the day off from shaving but I don't think I can wait till tomorrow morning.

8. cswann1

cswann1 Member

Sweet...My new Penworks brush showed up today too. All I can say is WOW..what a beauty!! I'm more than happy with this purchase.

Pocketing money is ALWAYS a good idea, but I will say that my EJ DE89L is the star of my shave den and is a remarkable value. I recommend picking up one at some point.

9. dgamby

dgamby Active Member

Have no fear. The EJ will be mine!

I was shocked out how much my brush bloomed out after one use! Compared to my Tweezerman that 20mm knot is HUGE! I'm glad I didn't go any bigger.