PIF- Smell Like John F. Kennedy *GONE*

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by FamousAmos, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FamousAmos

FamousAmos Member

...when he was alive, that is.

Here's my offering:

one New and unused Caswell-Massey 5.8oz Jockey Club bath soap.

It's in cellophane. It's part of a 3 pack I bought a little while ago. But I'll pack it in a small box for the winner.

caswell massey JC.jpg

Subtly fragrant is an understatement. These soaps smell up my room. And it'll last you.

So here's what to do. Make a post detailing which president (or equivalent leader from your country) you would most like to meet and I'll chose a random poster using: http://pocinc.net/blog/tools/random-thingy-chooser

Good luck!

Edit:pIF ends on March 17...in honor of John F. Kennedy.

updated participants list:
    aberneth
    rockrabbit
    thevez2
    dgamby
    sas71
    Hank
    Williams Warrior
    Greenhorn
    penmanship
    battle.munkey
    stingraysrock
    Slowhand
    mo5-o
    Brucered
    5t8t2u
    Billr
    alphage

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Awesome PIF! :happy096

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Hey that is really cool! Thanks for putting it out here!

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Great PIF, very generous! :happy096

5. aberneth

aberneth Member

I would like to meet President Eisenhower. The early period in the cold war was formative of the remainder of the century. His work shaped the modern world, post WWII. He saw the McCarthy trials, he saw the atomic age, he saw the rise of the Soviet Union. It was possibly the most interesting decade of the 20th century, and he was president for much of it.

Thanks for the generous PIF, and good luck to all who enter!

6. FamousAmos

FamousAmos Member

thanks for participating aberneth and to the others don't forget to include which leader you would like to meet.

7. rockrabbit

rockrabbit Member

Tricky..

I was born into a Monarchy... God Save the Queen... so no President there...

I then lived in a Colony... had a Prime Ministry there too.. still no President..

Then one day a revolution took place... and we had a President...

And here is the thing... I did get to meet him... and that made me happy!

It was a pleasure to meet the former President Nelson Mandela :happy088

8. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

I would like to meet President Truman. I would like to talk to him about the decision to use Atomic bombs Japan. I'd also like to ask him where the "S" came from in Harry S. Truman. He has no middle name.

9. dgamby

dgamby Active Member

I'm going with Reagan. The guy had perspective and he seemed to ride the waves of conflicting view points really well. Plus he was part of the greatest generation!

10. mike72

mike72 Member

+1

11. sas71

sas71 Member

im in and thank you

id like to meet Obama. every president has had their challenges and Obama is carrying the current load.

12. Hank

Hank Active Member

I'd like to meet Hoover, being born and raised in Iowa myself I'd like to know how he got from a small Iowa farm town to the highest seat in the land. What it took and what made his up bringing so much different than the rest of us farm kids.

13. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I'd go with Lincoln, being a huge war between the states junkie.

14. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

I would like to meet Theodore Roosevelt. I think he did so much for our wild lands and lived a very interesting life.

15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Thomas Jefferson. Helluva statesman and a well rounded renaissance man.

I'm in.

16. FamousAmos

FamousAmos Member

great suggestions everyone, especially the overseas variety.

I wouldn't mind meeting Winston Churchill. Seems like a great guy to drink and shoot the crap with.

17. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I am going with Margaret Thatcher. As Prime Minister, she attained what I know to be the highest elected office available in the UK, beating out the US so far where it comes to a Lady holding the highest elected office. If I had a chance to meet her, I would ask her if she felt she broke down barriers, or if she was merely doing her best to serve her constituency and to heck with gender.

It seems to me many of her early policies as PM were similar to the actions Reagan was taking, although IIRC, she was forced out toward the end do to some rather unpopular policies, but none the less, she broke down some barriers.

18. FamousAmos

FamousAmos Member

rockrabbit: what a thrill it musthave been to meet a truly great person.

penmanship: the CF- 105 Arrow's delta wings sound like an interesting characteristic. i know next to nothing about aviation. Very cool nonetheless.

Hank: Although Hoover has criticized for his treatment of the Great Depression, I prefer his views of not having too much government intervention. Unfortunatunately his policies of volunteerism didn't pan out. He did try to take on the gangsters through the IRS which was a good idea.

Millard Fillmore grew up in East Aurora, NY which is about 45 minutes from home. I would have loved to be alive during the time when Buffalo was hosting the Pan American Exposition in 1901. Similar to a Worlds Fair, the Pan Am Expo highlighted cultural and technological advances and featured heavily electricity and lightbulbs. Tragically, Fillmore was assassinated during the Expo and Theodore Roosevelt was sworn in as president in Buffalo, NY at the Wilcox mansion on Delaware Avenue.

Everybody has great sguesstions and I have enjoyed reading your explanations. What I wouldn't give to be in the room when Truman dropped the bomb. Such high tensions...

19. FamousAmos

FamousAmos Member

Interesting that you bring up Margaret Thatcher as another here brought Barack Obama, both whom broke down barriers by being elected to high office. And i totally get your question, did she feel like any ordinary Prime Minister in doing her duty and advancing her policies or did she feel that she was carrying the flame so to speak for women/

The same could be said for Obama. Does he feel more compelled to rise to office for the advancement of African Americans in society or to initiate change for the better?

Both statesmen (stateswomen) are worthy of being interviewed based solely on their achievements, in addition to the barriers they have broken.

20. Slowhand

Slowhand Member

I'd like to meet Woodrow Wilson so I could beg him not to sign the Federal Reserve Act.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.