Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by johnniegold, Aug 24, 2007.

1. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Although I find myself moving towards soaps, I picked up a tub of the 1805 yesterday. This cream is the real deal. I dabbed my Trumper pure badger in the tub and it was a lather explosion. I can't wait to try it with my SR 3226 or B&B. And the scent... This stuff is great. What are your thoughts on the 1805?

2. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I have a travel-sized tube of this. I usually use mostly soaps as well, but I like 1805 cream a lot. It has a fresh scent that isn't really heavy, kinda classic like an upscale version of Old Spice. And it does lather like a dream! Good choice!

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

One of the best cologne scented creams in the market. T&H 1805 is in the top 5 of all my creams. Love the scent and the lather. A must for shaving cream aficionados.

Raf

4. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Is there a 1805 aftershave splash or just a balm?

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

6. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

One of my top creams. Love it.

7. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Tried a sample once long time ago, I still am catching my breath by how nice this stuff is unfortunalty still have to grab this baby some day meanwhile ill do with trafalgar. but 1805 is my top fav. out there.

8. Will

Will Nevermind

Smells great, as dose the Trafalger, not worth the cost IMHO, I get great shaves out of Erasmic (Erasmic smells and works better to me) and much cheaper too.

9. Smedley

Smedley New Member

The sufferings you undergo in your shaving routines. :eek: :rofl

10. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

This is my favorite cent but really dries my face out.

11. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    My favorite summertime scent. I use the aftershave balm too, just like the other Truefitt & Hill balms, it is very moisturizing.

12. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Ill have to check this one out.

13. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

I had a sample of the 1805 once, and it was a good cream, but had very little scent. I was expecting an equivalent of the life-changing wonder-scent I get from the Trafalgar, but it was a total letdown. I could barely smell anything at all. Possibly a bad batch? Next time I get the oppurtunity, I'm gonna stick my nose in a tub of 1805 and see what happens

14. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

probably a bad sample/batch. you have to smell it fresh..

15. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I agree that you may have a bad sample. While you may like the scent or not, I don't think 1805 can be regarded as having very little scent. I would give it another try.

16. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

ok. 1805 is back on the future acquisitions list.

17. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Maybe it's just me, but I have a tub of 1805 and a tub of Tobs Avocado. If I close my eyes and smell each of them, I can barely (and I mean barely) tell the difference between the two.

18. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

dude your nose has taken a leave of absence:D I mean they are not even close!!!!

Maybe is the fumes up in the Metroplex that has your nose all confused:happy102

Raf

19. Luxlover

Luxlover Member

One of my very favorite creams.
    Great smell. luxurious lather, slick shave. Good skin conditioning.
    Excellent product!

20. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Interesting. I had a tube of 1805 sc, used it once or twice and then it stayed in my cabinet. Christmas came along and I gave it and it's brother (an equally little used 1805 ASB) to my son. Just didn't care for the scent. Same reason I traded my TOBS Avocado. Liked it even less!

As they say...ymmv!