Cat in the road

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Flatfish, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Flatfish

Flatfish Member

Driving to work this morning I noticed a dead cat in the road. So to avoid squashing it I made sure I put the front wheels either side of it so it passed underneath the car.
    As the body was about to disappear under the bonnet (Hood in American) the thing lifted its head and looked around.
    Thats the last thing that cat did.
    Probably did it a favour actually. It was really freaky though seeing the thing move.

I hope it didn't dent my car. I haven't checked. Knowing my luck its head is probably sticking out of the radiator. :eek:

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Strange you say this...I was on a walk with SWMBO and the dog 2 days ago, and there were 2 cats just laying in the middle of the road...hanging out like they owned the place. I initially thought they were dead, but as we approached they both sat up and payed close attention to my dog. I thought that was the strangest thing to lay in the road like that...?:confused:

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Perhaps laying in the road is the warmest place around?

4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

It probably would be if it is sunny, because the road would absorb heat from the sun.

5. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Yea that's kinda what I thought but it was still strange to see 2 perfectly healthy cats lounging around in the middle of the road!

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Well if they were our cats what that really means is that they have turned the road into a toll road and you have to deposit a handful of cat treats in order to pass without having your ankles mauled.

7. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

HA! Sounds like my parents' cat...he knows I'm 'the one with the dog' so he treats me like a scratching post!

8. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

There are acutally some tiny communities around here where things move at a very slow pace and usually have a lazy dog or two laying in the streets.

9. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

As a cat lover.. Oh never mind, it wouldn't make a difference at this point...

10. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

+1

11. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

+1 also.

Alan