Wish Lists

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by qhsdoitall, Feb 7, 2007.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

OK, this is bad. I swore I was not going to do this because 1) It was just going to feed into my AD (Aquisition Disorder) and 2) it was just going to frustrate the hell out of me to see all the things I read about/want/desire/obsess about in one place. :sad027 :)

I went an set up a universal wish list at:

The Things I Want

It allows me to browse and instantly add something I read about/want/desire/obsess about instantly. Sort of like a bookmark on steroids. It allows me to manage and share the lists or even add them to a blog. So, am I nuts or what? I have been very good lately except for DE shaving stuff but, you guys have been feeding me such great stuff plus what I've been learning elsewhere that I just had to just to keep track of things. It also lets me make lists of recommended products that I have used that I can point to without posting them over and over. OK, back to crunching numbers for a while.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I think the wish list sounds like a GREAT thing!

Some people can be very difficult to shop for.

I should know, I married one. He doesn't just want a watch. He wants a certain model, style, series, blah, blah, blah. It gets to be too much to remember. I remember what he wants in general, just not in detail. So I end up not getting him stuff. :(

3. Baron

Baron New Member

That sounds like me :)

Although Whitney did a great job picking a watch out on her own (Tag Heuer Link with a dark blue face)

It was actually what she gave me for our FIRST christmas (yeah... we were pretty serious from the start)

4. Queen of Blades

Of course you'll say she did a great job, if you love her.

BUT....was it the exact watch you had been drooling over? You don't have to answer that. I can guess. ;)

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

My wife is very good too but, my family has blessed me for my Amazon Wish List. Much, much easier for them considering they are 3000 miles away

My Test Wish List

6. Baron

Baron New Member

Haha... well it was ONE OF the ones on the list... actually it's nicer than it's listed counterpart. I hadn't actually seen this one before :)

Usually though she asks me exactly what it is I want so she is sure to get the right thing... especially if it's tech related.

On the flip side it's a similar situation, but I did pick out the ring without input from her... (other than "get platinum" cause gold turns her finger grean)

7. Queen of Blades

Upgrade! Nice!

The great thing about the list is she won't have to ask you, she will know exactly. Yet she can still surprise you. Even with tech related stuff.

I helped pick out my own ring. Thank goodness, too. Cause he would have gotten a bigger diamond, and I don't want a bigger diamond.

8. Baron

Baron New Member

We need to preserve this somewhere... I think that might be one of the only times in history that has been "spoken" by a woman

9. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I second the motion. All in favor raise your hands/thumb.:happy088

10. Queen of Blades

Ta-da!

check the sig. :happy102

11. fuerein

fuerein New Member

My family has basically given up me giving them a wish list. Most of the things I'd be willing to let them buy are more expensive than I want them to spend if they even had that kind of money (they don't and pretty much anything over $100 fits this category) or if it is something they could afford it is something I'd rather purchase myself to be certain it was what I wanted not the wrong brand/color/style/whatever. Anymore my parents send me a calendar and last year a cookbook with the calendar, my grandmother buys me basic dress shirts and slacks... I don't mind either, honestly I couldn't care if they actually bought me anything for holidays.

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

That's why the remote family gets the DVD & Book Wish List. The wife and daughter get the Cookware, PS2 Game and "Other items under $50.00 List" This now includes DE items.

13. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Amazon Wishlist and Gift certificates=best way distant family members can get me stuff (and me them) and not go absolutely bonkers. :scared011 My sister and I keep our Wishlists updated, and just refer to them when the occasion arises.

14. Queen of Blades

I think I might have actually done a decent job buying some gifts today for the hubby, and without a wish list!

Can't tell y'all now what I bought. I'll make him post pics when he gets them.

Woohoo! :happy069

15. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Did you get something for us too? Come you can tell us what you got. We'll keep a secret. BTW, what is your hubby's email address? :)