Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

What do you think of having an Injector & SE ongoing thread. ??..If all you injector and Single Edge fans post pics of your favorite razors. Ask whatever questions you have about Injectors and Share any SoS's that are significant to the Injector or SE cause. And just share anything at all that has to do with injectors or SE's.....Shoot, if we get enough activity maybe we can lobby for a sub-forum for Injectors and SE's...

SlimGem, Bryan_D, terstation and 5 others like this.
  2. Bird Lives

I'll start things off with my SoS post from today...

Today I decided to have a "shave off" between the 1965 Slim @9 and the 1955-58 Schick I2 Injector...
    Started from left sideburn to jaw line with the Schick...Felt like a bladeless razor being used as a squeegee to wipe the thick lather off...inspected the stroke path...BBS, no need for another pass from left sideburn thru jaw line...
    Now Slim @9, from right sideburn thru jaw line...Felt like a very sharp blade being pulled down my face, but not irritating, but demanding respect...inspected stroke path...path respectably cleared from side burn over cheek, but near and thru jaw line in need of another pass. And a little razor buffing would have fixed it. Didn't want to buff on #9. So I reapplied a little lather on right cheek to Jaw line and did an ATG just to clear the lather, and I still needed a slight touch-up on jaw line, nothing major.

But my left sideburn thru jaw line had been absolutely polished with one stroke of the Schick...I'm convinced the Slim would have done a Barber-Shop quality BBS, with 3 passes, and maybe a little touch-up, and a close attention to detail...No big deal..I like take 3 leisurely passes plus touch-up..And it probably would have gotten a rave review from me...But I relathered my right cheek and finished my shave with the Schick...one WTG pass and one ATG pass, just on my throat to jaw line...and the results were steller...and soooo easy...and my skin feels as if a blade never touched it...

I have to give the "Hot Knife Through Butter" Award to the Schick Injector...But if no Injector were available, the Slim on #9 would have certainly done an admirable job...

SlimGem, Ky K, jimjo1031 and 7 others like this.
  3. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I love your idea of a 'shave off'! What a pun, too! :whacky011:happy102

4. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

What a great idea, and oh the possiblities this opens up. Proraso on left cheek, Speick on the right? Wade and Butcher Chopper on the left cheek,
    Henckels Friodur ont he right? Gem G-bar on the left cheek, 1907 Lather Catcher on the right?

BTW which injector blade did you use?

Douglas Carey likes this.
  5. Bird Lives

The CVS/Personna...I love all the blades I've tried so far...The Chinese Schicks, The NOS Schick Platinum Plus's, The NOS Chromium Schicks, The Personna 74's And all the re-branded coated Personnas :CVS, EMS, and Long's Drugs...Thats pretty much it, if I remember right...

And although I have my favorites, and a pecking order in the above mentioned blades I think they all easily equal my favorite DE blades, and surpass most... And I think thats very cool...

What are the ones I haven't tried yet, and are there some I should stay away from ? I know I haven't tried the German Schicks...

jimjo1031 and Douglas Carey like this.
  6. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I've used Persona 74's which were incredible fantastic-very sad they don't make em any more. I now use the Ted Pella's which I like a lot. I once tried one of the Schicks and it was pretty good but not as good as the other two. So far I have not tried one I've hated or to stay away from. I like the Injectors, I often neglect them and it's always good to "rediscover" them. My favorite razor is the Schick Adjustable, there seems to be lots of those floating around ebay.

jimjo1031 and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I've been working my way through a 5 pack of Gillette Trac II injector blades. Yes Gillette, yes Trac II, and yes, they're injector blades, not cartridges. Twin injector blades, with the two cutting edges very close together, and about the same thickness as a regular single blade, were made by Gillette, Personna, and Schick. I have some of each for a total of about 60. I used one of the Gillettes in my Schick O this morning for as close to a BBS as I ever get.

The shave may not be better than, say, my type E with as single blade in it, but it's just as good. The later Schicks, types L, N, and O, are all a bit mild, but I think these twin blades enhance their performance. They aren't really intended to be used in the earlier injectors, or in most of the Pal and Personna injectors. Being rotated with everything else, these twins should last me for years. I may or may not ever get them again.

8. Bird Lives

My Favorite: If Aston Martin made a safety razor...1955-58 Eversharp Schick I2 Hydro Magic Injector
    But I've never met a Schick I didn't dig...

Attached Files:

9. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

Kinda funny that I see this post today because after about a month of DE shaving I just started thinking about buying some blades to go in my schick injector.(I don't actually know what variation it is) I know that this is one of those questions that will get many answers, all different, but what kind of blades should I get and where do you guys get them? I looked at my local CVS and they don't stock them so I am sure that I will have to order them from somewhere.

Douglas Carey and Hodge like this.
  10. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Wow, I wish I felt the same about my injector. I found it rough and harsh.

baddog24 and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. Bird Lives

I remember when they were in the drug stores...I thought they were a gimmick so I never tried one...Ohh ignorance is bliss, and I've been a pretty happy fellow...:)

twhite and BamaT like this.
  12. Bird Lives

For the rebranded Personnas, these have 20 blades to an injector...If they are in stock delievery is rapid if you place the order by phone...
    EMS.. www.emsdiasum.com
    71990 Injector Blade in a Dispenser each 4.50
    71991 Injector Blade in a Dispenser 10/lot 42.00
    Tel: 215-412-8400
    Thats all the info...and I ordered some not long ago and got them in like 3 days...

Now some people don't like the flimsy plastic injectors that these blades come in...But I've found its a matter of finding the right moves for your razor...For instance, with my I2, I hold the injector firmly with my thumb on top and fingers underneath, so the top can't separate from the plastic bottom...Then I insert the key and rack the slide to the back. Now I lift the back of the injector a hair and move the slide forward til it starts the new blade into the razor, then I rack the slide just like I would the metal Schick injector...No Problem...But until you find the right little move, don't force it...be gentle and you'll find the right angle and it will go right in, no probs.

You can also order the Chinese Schicks, they have 7 blades to an injector...You can get them from Amazon.com, for around $5...But I heard there was another place on the web with real good prices on those...Can somebody help me here? I can't seem remember...

MPF9, twhite, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  13. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Here's my contribution to the party, clear amber Type G.

[​IMG]

I haven't used it or any of my other injectors in forever.

14. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

I am in and enjoy the injectors; the Paul Revere is my favorite right now and just gave my Schick Grip to my son.in.law who is active duty military. The blades are the ones the Hospitals use....EMS and they are made by one of the expensive brands. Mostly I use it to shave around the nose and mouth area. These new blades are outstanding and far superior to my experience with the others IMHO.

15. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Keith - Try ejecting and loading another blade and running the blade backwards across your thumb / palm a few times. Sometimes the blades can get a little boggered up.

16. Bird Lives

Man Aaron, we got to get you back in the game...Thats too beautiful an object not to be giving you the great shaves you know it can...Wow she a beauty...How many and what other types do you have ?

And Yo Stingter...What say a pic of Sir Grapefellow to liven up the Party...How 'bout it??

17. stingraysrock

Sweet Party Lloyd!

18. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I will have to try that. But since I haven't been able to have a straight shave in 2 weeks, next week is for that.

19. stingraysrock

You and I will meet up at the truck stop this Saturday and fix you up with a straight.

20. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I have a Type E too, it doesn't get used either, maybe this payday I will finally order some blades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.