Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I like my injector razors. I picked up a large number of blades from ted pella. I enjoy using it and it gives a great shave. However, it always feels like cheating.

In regards to other SE razors, I like my lather catcher, 1912 models, and the G-bar the best.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Attached Files:

ohpaos likes this.
  3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Now the celebs are starting to make the scene on the red carpet...
    Now we have Sir Grapefellow...This guy really is one of a kind...
    Thanks for bringing the big guy!!

4. stingraysrock

Thanks Lloyd!

While nowhere as impressive as Slivovitz's collection, here is the rest of the Injector Clan here at the Stingray Cave, from Left to right:

Rudy Vey Injector G - Sir Grapefellow
    Schick K-2 Hydromagic
    Gillette Injector - hard to find, expensive when you find one, but mine was $7.00
    Schick Grip - Type L
    Schick Stick - Type L
    Schick E Type - Butterscotch Bakelite (no seam)
    Schick G Type "Schick 66"
    Schick F Type - hard to find, harder to find cheap
    Schick G-2 - Solid metal handle, 14K gold plate
    Schick G-3 - Metal shell handle, 14K gold plate
    PAL Injector - some people say it is not a good shaver, this one is good for me
    Schick H-1 Ladies Fashion Razor

Attached Files:

Ron R likes this.
  5. stingraysrock

Llyod, My Brother! You have awakened the SE monster in me!

Left to right:

Rolls Viscount - In rotation, restored by Gregindallas
    Rolls Viscount - For restore
    Rolls Imperial - For restore
    Rolls Imperial - For Parts

Star 1912
    Gem 1912

Lower Pic = Penn Adjustable SE

Attached Files:

Ron R likes this.
  6. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Jeff if you ever decide to have a garage sale let me know before you advertise!:happy102

7. DClassic

DClassic Member

Glad to join the Party

I like that idea Bird! I'm new , but some of you know me already. It's a honor to hang with you guys! C:whacky024ount me in!

Attached Files:

8. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Time for me to jump into this party with pics.

Attached Files:

9. Bird Lives

Yo Dogg...I think your Lather Catcher is Bad aswell...Bad to the Bone !!! And feeling like U R cheating is cool, because it's in name only...Thats a bonifide classic Single Edge, just drippin' with nostalgic goodness...:)

And Stingray...Whats the peckin' order of your injector "Dirty Dozen" ?
    That is a fine looking herd...And your Rolls collection is growing significantly...That second from the left looks in good condition to my untrained eye...What does it need?
    And your Penn Adjustable is interesting...Don't believe I've ever seen one of those...You like it?? And at the risk of showing my vast ignorance...How does it adjust ?? :)

And DC, we need a report on the Band razor...How 'bout it ??

And Danny...Whats the long Gem SE on the right in the black case? I don't believe I recognize it, but its pretty cool lookin'

GREAT PICTURES EVERYONE !!!! Thanks for joining the party...

10. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Too many injectors?

I have, well, rather a lot of injectors. So many, in fact, that it's a bit hard to give any single one a chance to be a clear favorite. Add to that the fact that my SE razors shave equally well (just not quite as easily on a few problem spots), and the occasional brief experiment with a DE or even a cartridge, and it's not surprising that my list of favorite injectors is a little variable.

Tomorrow I'm definitely trying one of my Rolls for the very first time. That's a promise, you read it here first. I've even taken the Shave of the Day photo already. If things start to go wrong with the shave, though, I won't be too proud to switch over and finish with my Schick type O.

Tentative list of injectors that I'd be happy with as an "only" razor, if I weren't such a variety addict: Schick E1, G1, J1, J3, I2, M (adjustable) and O, and the Personna Floating Head injector. I could add the Schick types A and C2, except that they're mechanically a little finicky.

11. DClassic

DClassic Member

:):)Hey Bird, I have to strike up the Band tomorrow. Just got another Gillette in today, and "she's strummin' my pain with her fingers" "singin' my life with her words"...."killing me sofly with her song"..

12. DClassic

DClassic Member

"Gillette Injector that is"

13. Dslazar9

That long Gem is a 1900 Lather Catcher-it may be my favorite razor. Ok that's like picking one of your kids over the others so don't tell my others.

14. Bird Lives

Say Danny, I know EXACTLY what you mean...Your secret's safe with me...But I can see that...Its looks tooo HIP to me also...But I better quit drooling over your Lather Catcher...I don't want anything to disrupt my Injectors batting average ..."Hell hath no fury, like a razor's scorn"...LOL...:happy102
    But a separate centerfold of that tall,shapely,slender, fox of a 1900 you got there, couldn't hurt anything...Could it ?? :drool

15. Dslazar9

Here's the centerfold. My 1900 Lather Catcher bares all!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Bird Lives

Man...I'm speechless...If it shaves as good as it looks....That would mean, that man-kind hasn't done anything to improve shaving in 111 years, razor wise!!!
    And I bet with that long thin handle, you probably have the control of a paint brush...
    I WANT IT !!!! Along with 1000 blades...:))

17. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Nope... just found ways to line company pockets for 111 years.

18. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Jeff that is a great collection and those G's in gold look like a nice heavy razor.

19. SmallTank

SmallTank New Member

Wow!...

20. Bird Lives

Say Stingray...You wouldn't believe how many people ask me if the Solid Handle G2 is the best shaving Injector...I was unaware of that razor til after you introduced me to, the love of my shave cave, that Eversharp I2...Then if I tell someone I'm using a Schick Injector they have several times asked me about that solid gold handle Injector. At first I didn't know what they were talking about...I'd never seen or heard about it before...So I Googled, and now I know its not solid gold but gold plate rather...but somehow people have the impression it is...:happy102 Probably someone advertised one on E-Bay as being solid gold, and was asking solid gold prices...LOL...Although its still a beautiful designer piece...And the inquiring public wants to know...Whats the deal ? You the first cat I know thats actually got one...Does it shave up to its reputation ??...

And I ask you before...I know its a hard question, but whats the pecking order, in the Stingray Shave Cave....I always check out your SoS posts and my guess is aside from maybe the "Thrill of the Straights"...that Star 1912 is hovering somewhere near the top...;) Am I close ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.