Anything interesting?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by colosilverado, May 15, 2011.

1. colosilverado

colosilverado Active Member

Are any of these interesting or worth getting? I know the pic is hard to gauge...I don't know the brands other than the obvious one. I'll have to go back and look.

Attached Files:

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Honestly, If I were looking for a straight to start out with, I would check with Larry at Whipped Dog or Glen at GemStar Customs.

Both will get you a shave ready straight for a reasonable price.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. You're taking chances with something you admittedly know little about - not a slam on you, but understandable just starting out.

I've worked with Glen at GemStar. Great guy, great work. :happy088:happy088

I've never dealt with Larry. I've only heard good things, though.

If you're going to buy out in the wild, at least do what I did and start with a list of known good brands. (Credit to the folks at Straight Razor Place.)

4. colosilverado

Great points guys. I won't get hurt feelings... I am lucky to have your input!

5. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Also a heads up, as I am guessing yer from my old home state, Colorado
    We have our second annual Mile High Meet coming up in Denver on July 17th there will be tons of info about Wet Shaving in general, and Straight Razor stuff in detail...
    Planning is still on going will keep you updated if yer in Colorado...
    We haven't decided on where yet but it will be Sunday July 17th in Denver

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Hard to tell form the pic. I am sure the straight razor kingdom will chime in on if they are good buys.

They look like if you can do some restorations they may be a good buy but if your new to it. I would hold off on getting anything and just going for new.

7. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife New Member

Can't tell from the pic. That said, pickings are SLIM here, so I look at every straight I see (hoping my first glance deceived me). That said, if I were in a place where you might find more than a half dozen razors a year, I'd probably not give that case a second glance.

If you're looking for users to restore, yeah definitely look closer. If your looking for something rare and special, then I don't see any indications there. The best bet honestly would be the one in the box.

8. colosilverado

Sweet! Sounds like a blast!

9. colosilverado

I just like snooping around flea markets. I'm mainly looking for DE, but I'd like to have a straight setup for those few times when I feel daring!

Sometimes I look at stuff and wonder if something I'm looking at is something someone would want and I could grab it for them...PIF or whatever.