1950 rhodium Gillette Executive

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, May 19, 2011.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Thanks Rodd. I wasn't sure about the blades. Gillette razors, I know. Gillette blades, I'm limited in knowledge on save for the rare ones. Appreciate you checking. :)

2. IAmTheJody

Mine arrived today and the pictures, even though very good pictures, just don't do it justice. The set is mint. I think someone got it as a Christmas gift, took the blades out, and put the set up to never touch it again until they got rid of it. Not a flaw on the razor. The green velvet in the case is pristine. The mirror has the faintest evidence of the cheap/bad glue Gillette used on the mirrors that looks like a stain on the mirror from it seeping through. If you weren't looking for it, you wouldn't notice it. Very happy with this one. Wow. :happy108

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Awesome! Congratulations on the score!

4. true01

true01 Member

Awsome Jody congrats .....

5. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

that is so very extremely cool. Excellent get Jody!

And just because - the "Inflation Calculator" states that $10 in 1949 would be the equivalent of $90.46 in 2010. That's more than a Futur!

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

And that is when they were making many of them. Not really a collectors item back then i would think. Now take that 90.46 and multiply it buy a bit.

I still am amazed at how that looks. If i were to start a collection that would have to be my first razor to collect.

7. Bestarrkin

Bestarrkin New Member

Nice set, Vincent.:rolleyes:

8. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Nice Post and even nicer razor

9. mandoman

mandoman Member

wish i had one

10. Paul12644

Paul12644 New Member

1950 Gillette Executive

Hi Armando,

I'll be putting mine on E-Bay in about a week. I'm just waiting for my new camera to take some pictures.

Paul

11. Paul12644

Paul12644 New Member

12. Paul12644

Paul12644 New Member

I should clarify. The above Gillette Executive I am keeping; I have another one I will be selling.

13. IAmTheJody

The complete set. Awesome!

14. Paul12644

Paul12644 New Member

Thanks Jody. Each individual item is not perfect, but many of them are close. I must add Jody, that yours is gorgeous and is a true specimen. There aren't many left that look so good.

Paul

15. IAmTheJody

I just wish I could find the 3 original blade dispensers that came with these sets. Then I'd truely be happy with my set.

Also, for anyone interested, I know a husband/wife who has decided to sell their Executive. Good people that I've dealt with before. To anyone that is interested, PM me for details and I'll put you in contact with them. As you can imagine, these don't come cheap so serious people only, please.

16. safaripete

safaripete New Member

You could have one.........all it takes is money.
    Regards!
    Safaripete

17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    :sick013:
    It's been over a year, I doubt they still have the razor anymore. But since you've brought it up, what happened to the pics, Jody?

18. IAmTheJody

This particular Executive set I had has been sold. I did acquire another and it is in my collection.

19. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I bet the new one has a blade dispenser.

20. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:smiley respect: ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Fantastic Score! It makes me :) when someone who can appreciate the beauty and history takes ownership of a Special razor like that.

IAmTheJody likes this.