Need advice please

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by RJTrevino1975, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

oh now you want it!!!! PM address

Raf

2. Will

Will Nevermind

I am over it now, I am going to have Mike lift me a few STR8's :D. Oh and a custom made hand of wrath (Raf) strop.

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

give some heads up on when you want the strop I have the leather but I need the hardware. Once I have everything it will not take long to make it.

Raf

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Another thing to do is to try a starter kit from razor and brush. These packs have been put together for a new west shaver, as some do not know what items are needed as yet. Again I reference Razor and Bursh out of lack of knowledge, I have no idea if anyone else has any starter packs out there:

http://www.razorandbrush.com/kits.html

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

[/SIZE]

just make sure to order the kit for specific area. The East shaver does not work for the West or North shaver. :rofl

Raf

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Ahem!

Heads up. Is the 15th good? :drool

7. Sledge

Sledge New Member

i was always told the HD short handle is a bit unbalanced... thus, i went with the 38c (long handled HD) with the "barber pole" grip... i gotta say, the barber pole grip looks better, but... while ive never had any issues with it, i think a stipple pattern would have been better..... along with a knurled base... but considering the heads are the same, and the longer handle gives it more balance... i actually like my 38c better than my futur in most cases :) easier to deal with, lighter, and it seems to work better... but, then again, ive been known to jump to setting 3.5 on that thing LOL (back when i was a total newb) and boy... did that thing hack my face up... someone once said the 2.5 setting is right where most other DEs are set (if they are fixed of course) but, i beg to differ... i think more along the lines of 2... but, the blade angle itself on a futur is its own beast... so i dont think there is a proper way to estimate the comparison...

done rambling ::