BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Flatfish, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Flatfish

Flatfish Member

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I used to get it in Turkey, but it was still on BBC on cable...

3. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

My gf's parents have it on their tv but they have the 700 channel bundle thing. I do not get it however in Canada. Always available online of course.

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

:sihns011

5. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

The British version is available on the BBC America channel and there is a US version on one of the Discovery networks...History Channel I think.

6. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

Yeah! My favorite show! We get it here in the US, and there's also the US Version which is different (which I'm not a fan of). But yeah it's all available online. I watch it on Netflix and have every season available except maybe the current one. But that is on BBC channel on TV.

Great show though - those guys have the best job....in the world

7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

BBC makes some great TV. Top Gear and Doctor Who are among the best shows ever made.

8. Flatfish

Flatfish Member

There have been some great moments.

My favourites were the amphibious vehicles,
    the Reliant Robin modified into a rocket,
    and the German lady telling Jeremy that she could beat his lap of the Nurburgring (which he set in a fairly quick car) in a van. Seeing a Ford Transit van overtaking sports cars and motorbikes was great.

Anyone got any clips?

9. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I must agree with Dr.Who but Top Gear is one of those shows that i enjoy to watch but won't really go out of my way to record or watch at a later date.

Some of the things they do are pretty funny. I have to catch up on the last Dr.Who season.

10. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Top Gear UK is an awesome show, and one of the few shows I DVR, and we all watch as a family.

Top Gear US is such a poor excuse of a show, that it shouldn't even carry that name.

Of course Netflix streams a lot of the episodes, but for those that can't be found there (early seasons), most can be streamed from streetfire.net . Streetfire can be a real PITA to find the episode you want, and they have taken to breaking the episodes up into multiple segments, but they do play one after the other in order. Another plus is that you can usually find the full UK episodes, and not the ones neutered for the US market.

Another good source for Top Gear episodes is FinalGear.com , the episodes there aren't meant for streaming, but downloading with a torrent client.

One of my favorites clips is when Jeremy drives a Reliant Robin.

Another funny clip is when 6'4" Jeremy drives the worlds smallest car, the Peel P50 to work.