The Haul: August 1st - August 7th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Jul 31, 2011.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Lovin' our new digs! This was the BEST haul. But, nonetheless, we soldier on. So what's in yer haul this week? Post up those pics! They look great in the new forum.

2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

This weekens I went to the antique mall and found a few items. The first is an Old Spice shaving mug. I have been looking for one EVERYWHERE (a shaving mug that wasn't a rip-off price) and stumbled accross this beauty for $8. Then I saw these 2 razors for a few bucks a piece. I got the rocket for a friend, but decided to clean it up and shave with it to test it. One side was smooth, but the other side was terrible. Upon closer inspection the doors on one side were a little wonky and not closing right, so I ended up just tossing it. The lady's Gillette however is VERY nice. I mentioned to my 3 year old that it was a girls razor and she asked if she could have it. Let's just say I am hanging on to it until she starts shaving...in like 13 years! LOL! But no, it is beautiful!
    The Haul.JPG
    G Beast.JPG
    G Lady.JPG

Asd, PanChango and Queen of Blades like this.
  3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

haul (Custom).JPG
    Ditto Ya'll!

Dude! Don't throw it out! It is fixable! The doors can be adjusted!!!

My Appleton Barber order is here. I am not sure how I ended up with two bottles of Master's Iceland Breeze, but here there are and they smell like mentholated Lilac's....boo!. Also have a Master Focus... smells like Old Spice...boo! Master's Champagne is totes bangin' though! Grabbed a pair of alum blocks too, one for Dale and one for me!

Asd likes this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Get that rocket back. It can be fixed!

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Hey Jeff...finally got around to adding The Appleton Barber Supply to the Shave Shopping Index.

stingraysrock likes this.
  6. bakerbarber

bakerbarber Member

NICE WEBSITE!!

7. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

GREAT and very personal Haul today. First, I finally got a wedge with TSD signature from Tet-a-tet group buy.
    DSC03386-1.JPG
    DSC03387-1.JPG

Second, my father has found and sent me a very old (he said about 40-50 years old) slant. The razor was sitting in bathroom cabinet for years and in poor condition now. I'd like to ask if it can be restored and if someone can help to identify it.
    DSC03378-1.JPG

DSC03380-1.JPG

8. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I'm glad the straight got to you safely Dimitry.

Enjoy the shaves.

9. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dale, this razor is VERY important and personal for me and the blade is a gem! Thank you VERY MUCH for the blade, you actually brought the razor back to life! Thanks, guys, you made a little wonder by bare hands...

10. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

:angry017::angry032: Too late...it's in the dumpster. But I guess it is good to know for future purchases that it can be fixed.

[......sigh........] Live and learn I guess....

11. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Amazing haul Dmitry, very nice razor you got yourself. May it bring you many great shaves as i know the tet-a-tet you shipped over will :D.

I am just waiting on my Boosters samples from Jeff that he bought and shipped to me. Should arrive late this week or early next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweet lookin' str8! Very nice!! :happy088::happy088:

13. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

A little background first ....

Jeff has always written me notes, there is one just about everyday in my lunch (which he packs for me). I travel quite a bit for work, especially this year, and from the beginning (in 2008); anytime I have went out of town he would sneak notes in my suitcase for me. They are dated so that everyday I am gone, I have a new note. For example, when I interviewed for my current Center Manager position I had to fly to Chicago and he wrote me notes for certain times of the day (it was an 8 hour interview with different heads of this division) for encouragement and to make me laugh. (Isn't he great?) And I always have a "Freebie" note that I can read anytime and then a note that I keep on my person on the trip home (have I mentioned that I have a profound fear of flying?) and read on the plane.

When I landed in Chicago for my layover on Sunday, I turned on my phone and I had a text from Jeff .... he had my notes all written and bundled together ... and he forgot to put them in my bag. He was devastated. He apologized until I imagine he was blue in the face, I told him not to worry that it would be alright. He insisted that as soon as I got all checked in here in Appleton and gave him my room number he would overnight them to me.

So, today I received in the mail .....

1312323661269 (Small).jpg

1312323718879 (Small).jpg

1312323802458 (Small).jpg

Yay! I have my notes!! And, I must say, I have the best friend anyone could ask for.

IAmTheJody, Asd and Queen of Blades like this.
  14. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Fantastic Haul! One of the best Hauls ever seen here!

15. stingraysrock

Scored a giant bar of Klar from Bullgoose / Phil. The Klar Kabinett is a great soap! KLAR (Custom).JPG

Asd likes this.
  16. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Jeff, was it a special order? Never seen Klar on Billgoose's site!

17. stingraysrock

He has some Klar products left, but sadly, this is the last of Klar Kabinett. I shall have to ration myself with the Klar and the Voskhod for the rest of my days on Earth.

18. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Jeff, I think you have enough software and blades to hold until 2312 :) After your Frankensoap pic, it seems you can compete with Jeff's/crackstar stash! It is easy to solve the problem with the soap - trade or sell it! Klar seems to be quite rare in US, so I think many of fellows will be glad to get some! Besides, I cannot say, I've seen Klar on many sites, moreover, it is the first time when I see someone got Klar in Haul thread!

19. stingraysrock

Oh noaz! I am still way short on shave stuff!

Asd likes this.
  20. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

A couple of items this week (hurried-pictures, sorry about the quality)...

Left: A 1967 Gillette Slim Adjustable, Germany version. Unique and sort of rare case with sliding front "door". The razors in these were actually made in the US and then shipped to Germany where the cases were made.

Right: Birth year (1973) Gillette Knack

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]