Anone ever noticed how

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jbcohen, Sep 4, 2007.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Acquisition disorder does not seem to exist within the cartridge shaver market. I have heard from many straight shavers with ten, fifteen or more razors and I have heard from some double edge shavers with one hundred or so razors. I have never heard of any one with a Mach or Fusion saying "got to get more of these things."

Also, have you noticed that when msot people catch acquistion disorder it seems to surround the after shaves and soaps. I have yet to hear someone brag about there latest haul of fifty or more blades. Aside from the recent talk of the Welshi razors I have yet to hear people talk much of razor RAD. This is really the only thy I seem to come up with.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Razor rad is pretty strong on this site. Wait till the SER users wake up. :rofl

EDIT: For touch ups only. ;)

3. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Oh, contriare I have spoken with many straight users and they appear to be quite aware of RAD and its many vices. For a variety of reasons they preferr straights, and I don't blame them one bit. Spoke with one straight shaver and he seems to have fifty straights.

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I actually had quite a collection of canned goop, and cartridge shavers.......and a full blown cologne collection.......before I got into this "proper" wetshaving methodry

A.D. is not a new thing for me

As for double edge blades, I have a pile of those now too. I like experimentation & variety.

5. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I stand corrected.

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

well, I'd be a bit worried, if I met a guy who's collecting these cheapo-razors for the fun of shaving with them - the word "weirdo" crosses my mind :rofl

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I have 17 straights, 15 or so DE's and another truck load of soaps and creams. Still, I will never get close to Bill whose straight numbers is in the thousands!!!!

Raf

8. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Oh Man!!! I have enough Razor Blades to last several years. I'm not collecting them, but I bought 100 NOS UK made Wilkinsons and wish I had bought 200. Great razor blade and I already owned 300 Derby's, 200 Israeli No Names, and around 100 Merkurs (I'm am in a select group who actually like the Merkurs).

As for DE and SE (GEM and Micromatic) razors, I don't think I'll ever have to worry about being without.

Brushes only 5 but I'm looking real hard at a couple for Christmas.

I've had RAD and bought the blades I guess of fear they would go away and I wouldn't be able to get any more. But after discovering westcoastshaving.com and razorandblade.com. I'm not too worried any more. Besides, I usually give a pack or two of blades with razors I loan, trade, or sell, so my stash is dwindling pretty fast.

And as always...

Enjoy your shave...:D

9. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

You mean I haven't told you about my collection of blades.....and brushes....and razors.....and soaps and creams:confused:

10. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

This makes perfect sense. If you have a POS (Piece of Sh**), how many more could you want?

St. Croix

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

well, you've gotta go to the toilet a few times a day too...

:rofl

;)