Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DClassic

DClassic Member

Same here! I got a bit busy with some other stuff. Then I was doing research on it. I do have the Stropper for it also. I wanted to know where that black blade came from knowing it was not a kriss kross blade. However, with the injector blade in, it really shaves well Slivo!

2. DClassic

DClassic Member

If anyone is interested, in starting a pass-it-forward shave -it -forward type thing. I purchased another one of these Kriss Kross razors with delivery excepted in a few days. When I receive it, I'll clean & sanitize it with Barbicide to get it shave ready. Then anyone wanting to try it out for say, a few days shave, can sign up to use it. When that person uses it and gets done, clean it up a bit, and pass it on to the next guy on the list. Supply your own injector blades. If interested guys, let me know. Us injector guys can put this together if you wish too! That way we can critique this thing to see if it really works on everyone! Any volunteers?

DC

stingraysrock likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sounds good. I'm in. PM sent.

4. DClassic

DClassic Member

Well Steve,I guess no one else is interested in my shave-it-forward back around. I thought this was the injector forum! Sorry Guys!

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Maybe start a separate thread?

6. DClassic

DClassic Member

Thanks! Good Idea!

DC

7. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I'd be interested but I still haven't shaved with my injector yet as I haven't ordered any blades yet. I'm still working my way through all my SEs. Great idea though, thanks!

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I think thats a great idea DC...The traffic has been a little slow around here this last week...Will pick-up again...But I don't think too many cats got a chance to check out your generous gesture...Right now I'm moving around too much to get involved...I haven't even been posting on the SoS or here much lately...But I know alot of the guys around here would probably love to put a few laps on that Hot-Rod looking Kriss Kross...You just have to get the word out...:) Only a couple people have touched down here since you posted about it...Even I haven't been around....

9. Merkur Malloy

Merkur Malloy Member

Had my first SE shave yesterday. Got a GEM Junior and GEM SS blades. Nice shave - didn't seem much different than a DE shave but I plan to use the SE for a while and see how things progress.

SharpSpine likes this.
  10. DClassic

DClassic Member

Thanks Lloyd! It definitely has been slow. Just wanted to show that I'm an upright dude, you know! I wanted to keep it here in the Injector & SE Thread, where there's no problem talking about Injectors & SE's. But maybe I should post a separate thread. Offer still stands. I sent it out today! Hopefully Steve will like it. Most guys have so many razors, they can't shave with them all. I have some in my collection, that I 've never used! Hang tough, catch you on the rebound!

DC

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    There's no problem talkig about Injectors or SEs anywhere on TSD. :think002:

12. DClassic

DClassic Member

Thanks, That's a relief! Didn't want to step on any toes!

DC

13. SharpSpine

I'm a bit giddy seing a username of Merkur Malloy with an avatar of a Gem Junior. Just saying! :happy036: :signs107:

14. Merkur Malloy

Merkur Malloy Member

I like Merkurs, I have two. And I just entered the world of SE with a GEM Junior.

15. DClassic

DClassic Member

This is my Gem Jr. ! Custom made African Padouk Wood Handle about 4" long. Matching Brush Handle is 3" long with a 24mm Silver-Tip Knot. Both were made by a member. Custom made Maple case. Made by another friend on mine. The wood handle makes it shave great. Both guys did an incredibly nice job! Picture 006.jpg

16. SharpSpine

That's great! Welcome to the SE side. I have a Merkur that hasn't seen my face since I started using SEs about a month ago. I also started with a Junior, though mine is nowhere near as classy as DCs!

17. DClassic

DClassic Member

Thanks Brian! Used it once. It stays in my display case. For the last 2 weeks I'm using my DE with blades I never used before. I shave every other day, and I'm up to 10 shaves out of one blade. So my injector is growing cobb-webs now! Never believed I would say that because I really love my injector razor & blades. Provides great shaves for me.

DC

18. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I am in! I have not been around this thread in awhile or I would have jumped in sooner!

19. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Here's a cased E3 with period correct blade dispenser and blades that I snagged at an antique store today for $4.99.
    [​IMG]

20. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.