The Haul: August 8th - August 14th, 2011

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Aug 7, 2011.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

It's HOT! Hope some of you SOMEWHERE are getting some rain. So, what's in yer haul this week?

2. herzi

herzi Active Member

Since now I got nothing but RAIN. Let's see what the day will bring.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

[​IMG]
    Well, I got a little bathroom caddy from Robert Becker that holds your toothpaste, two toothbrushes, three razors and a brush. Now I may just go after a scuttle to match.

DClassic and IAmTheJody like this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

DSCF1001 (640x480).jpg Bought these on ebay as part of lot of razors and brushes, the whole thing was $15. I am awaiting another brush handle that will come with a mug I bought and among the four I will figure which two get reknots from Bernd at Shavemac. Had some old brushes reknotted by them years back and they are nicely done in Shavemac's finest , which is a pleasing grade, soft and with back bone.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

3-prod_brut_creme_barba_sensiveis.jpg 3-prod_brut_creme_barba_sensiveis.jpg 3-prod_brut_creme_barba_sensiveis.jpg creme-de-barbear.jpg Another nice little Haul!

1x Brut Classic SC tube (made in Brazil)
    1x Bozzano Aloe Vera SC tube (made in Brazil)
    1x package Gillette Goal DE blades (made in India)
    1x Personna Platinum Chrome DE blades

6. herzi

herzi Active Member

Yesterday brought me nothing shaving related, but my big girl of two years sang me a Happy birthday on the phone. That was the best present imaginable.

7. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Stefan, that is an awesome gift. Congratulations. The other day my daughter said that I smelled good after shaving, and I loved it.

8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Belated Birthday Stefan!

In the mail is a selection of Clubman Aftershaves from Fasham Beauty Supply.

Coachman, Special Reserve, Musk, Three Flowers and Blue Waltz for BG. Of all them, the Special Reserve is the best. The scent sticks around all day... smells like... leather I think!

DSC01523 (Custom).JPG

Asd likes this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

So I broke down and bought a puck of Skeeter-Be-Gone Williams.
    Figure Williams Week will be here before I know it and I want to be ready.
    Not to worry - I have plenty of M Bomb to mask the scent! :p

wyatt46 and stingraysrock like this.
  10. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Man Jeff I now want to buy the special reserve... and he clubman... as well as the Osage rub. :)

Williams scent leaves something to be desired but besides that... it is a wonderful and amazing soap.

11. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

yeah jeff nice haul there, i find its hard to find thoese kind things here in the uk.
    Muhle R102 Safety razor, with some POLISH shaving cream's i picked up in poland only tried the lider classic (the green one on the right) got some good shaves with it, not tried the razor yet as i only got it today.

Attached Files:

12. DClassic

DClassic Member

I saw Robert Becker too! Had him make the larger brush holder for my Kent BK12. I have 5 razors, 1 toothbrush, 1 tongue scraper. Got 2 more brush holders coming, then I will have 5 brushes & 5 razors for my rotation. Chose black because it's neutral! P1000789.JPG . P1000781.JPG

IAmTheJody likes this.
  13. stingraysrock

I will trade (at cost) anyone for anything regardless of their location on the planet!

14. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Ok good... CAUSE I just got you some AV Green :)

15. stingraysrock

Gnarly Dude! Surf's up! Grab the sticks and bang a tubular wave!

16. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

DSCF1008 (640x516).jpg
    Some old signs from ebay for the shave den. A Rexall sign for a Stag kit, $4, A Dr Lynas sign , supposedly NOS:rolleyes: $20, and a Brylcreem decal I've framed $25. I've never seen a Brylcreem decal/sign like this one. It stayed at $2 for a week, then one bidder got in a bidding war with my snipe service and we both lost, he the decal , me more money than I wanted to pay. Got lucky on ebay UK and got a Erasmic shaving soap sign and a UK Gillette sign, awaiting there arrival.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  17. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I will have tommorow or friday. It is from the same city as me so it is great. I just need to wait for it to come now... Before I give it a whirl :). No voskhods yet though :(

18. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Yesterday I picked up a Gillette Slim Twist, much like the one in this photo, for a few bucks at a local antique store. It is Made in England, and the big difference is that on the case it says "Slim Twist" above the "Gillette", unlike the case in this photo. I don't recall the darte code off the top of my head, maybe a J1 or something?

Anyway, The razor is pretty nasty with all the gunk on it. I don't understand why people don't seem to clean their razors...:signs113:. I am planing on cleaning it up and giving it to a firend , as he is currently using my '58 superspeed.

slim.jpg

19. stingraysrock

In the mail, from Dale,
    Be Chubbz II.

For Me from You,
    From one Brother to another.

One Badger one boar,
    Two brushes, what a score!

Thanks for being my Friend,
    From me to You, stuff I will send!

C2 (Custom).JPG

Both (Custom).JPG

Asd, IAmTheJody and PanChango like this.
  20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well here is a blast from the past. Seaforth 3 piece set from the late 1940s. The talc and cologne bottles are near full and still smell good. As someone who was astounded stated when he smelt the cologne, "How can it still smell so good after all these years? It must be the glass bottle that keeps it smelling so good, unlike plastic." This set has a compass on the outside of the box that still works.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached is an advertisement for Seaforth and some of the sets that were sold under that brand name.

[​IMG]

swarden43 and IAmTheJody like this.