A place all its own: Frank Shaving Company Synthetic Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by GDCarrington, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

What is the Frank Brush website? I tried Google and only got results for threads discussing the brushes.

2. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Star Shaving Supplies is where I think he got the synthetic.

Ian Tang's eBay page is where many people get the Frank Shaving brushes from.

Ian is in China so shipping takes longer. Star is in USA and you'll get your brush much quicker. Ian sends along a brush stand for free with each brush while at Star you have to pay for a brush stand if you want it. I also don't notice the FS logo on any of the Star brushes according to their website but I don't have a brush from them so I don't know if they have the logo or not.

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. Williams Warrior

Thanks for the info.

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

No. It smelt fine straight out of the box. No funk issues!

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

You are correct on all points.

I actually wanted the handle without the logo and quicker shipping so I opted for Star Shaving Supplies.

Ian Tang seems to do a brisk business as well.

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Huh... so no logo at Star? Interesting. That might just push me to actually order (that and not waiting for international mail). So how are their shipping charges?

7. Williams Warrior

For $11.99 I can't order the Golden Nib knot and install it in an old handle for that price. I gotta get me one of these.

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

yeah... I have a good TGN synthetic and one of the better Omega synthetics.. do I need this? naah... but I will probably order anyway. For the one brush it was $3.39 or something similar for shipping. Order placed. only 3 left in stock

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Stock is out now. The shipping was $3.50. I have asked the seller when more stock of the Synthetic would be in. I will let you know if the seller replies.

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

They are probably wondering why the mad rush on people buying this brush all of a sudden.

11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well here is the reply.

"I had them earlier today and someone bought them all.

- starshavingsupplies"

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yeah I just got an e-mail. Despite there being brushes in stock when I placed my order and brushes in stock after I placed my order, I was just sent a message that sent that the previous customer had purchased all of their brushes and they didn't have any.

13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

New message today...

"We will re-order and have them back in stock again.

- starshavingsupplies"

14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Since I have seen some references to this thread, I decided to take a couple of more shots to show the condition of the brush.
    This brush still looks and feels like it was brand new. Obviously being synthetic would give it a greater opportunity for this than a natural hair brush. However, the fit and finish have not been affected even by my rough use. That is why I don't buy expensive brushes because I am rough with a brush.

[​IMG]

As of now, this is still not available on Starshavingsupplies page on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/starshaving...=nc&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=1

I also cannot find it on Ian Tang's ebay page either.

http://stores.ebay.com/Ian-Tangs-Sh...d=997286275&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

So both vendors must be waiting for restock as per my last discussion with Starshavingsupplies proprietor.

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have just received word back from Starshavingsupplies.

"They are on order now and maybe 2-3 weeks.

- starshavingsupplies"

16. tinkersd

tinkersd New Member

I've been useing one of those synthetic Frank brush's for a year now and do echo your sentiments. Very good later with lots of different soaps and creams, I'm useing D.R.Harris Lavender scented soap, works GREAT with it and I really love the way it presents to the face, very firm and works the lather in better than most other brush's I"ve owned. In short mates, it's a keeper!!

Your Humble Servent, tinkersd

17. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Aaron, I agree with you on that handle. You just can't beat BLACK and CHROME!

18. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I just ordered one for my wife the other day and the owner of Star Shaving (sorry the name doesn't come to mind) asked if I still wanted to order as he will have them in the next week or two. I replied process, and he replied saying "in stock in 1-2 weeks".

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

A status report on Starshavingsupplies received this evening:

"Should be here any time now they are stuck in customs and that is never good if they get stuck, usually they get right through unless the customs has a terrorism warning and then it can take a few days to a week to get through customs.
    Ron

- starshavingsupplies"

20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Hopefully more to follow. Stay tuned!